moving out of the parents house

freewill

Apr 7, 2010
Anyone got advice on how to look/snag a job in another city before you move there? I am moving out of the parents house and this is my first experience on my own. I found an apartment that I have secured, but no job, and frankly, I am not too sure how to go about this. Do I just go and spend a day in the city and look for one that way? or what....

Best way is to look for one before hand and make your way to the city for interviews and such.
How far are you moving ? Where to? What is your field of job you're looking for?

This is an exciting moment, congrats! :)

The fact that you already secured a place to live, is the first big step.

I moved out of here once, I wound up on Welfare working temp for some of it, and never finding a job the entire year I was gone.

Still, managed to snaggle some property out of the whole thing so it wasn't entirely fruitless. I am happy to be a landlord.

Freewill, what do you?
what is your field of employment?
I think the fact that you saved up money in advance for rent is GREAT! Definitely a good step in the right direction.
Make sure not to waste all of it while doing the job search. Sometimes you'll have to find something temp, just to get some $$ in while searching for your "dream job"

Where did you move to?

Good luck :)

NJ is perfectly fine.

Karen, I'm in a coworker's basement until I save up some cash to get an apartment. I start my overnight shift tonight, making an extra $2.25/hr. I'll be making about $13/hr, which is a big improvement. I have a couple of coworkers that wanted to move out of their parents' basements and get an apartment, so they see this as a good opportunity.