I Moved Out.

ScientistOfDarkness

a prophet in cosmology
Feb 7, 2003
Mercer Island, WA
...of my parents home. Finally. I got an apartment about 15 minutes away (yeah yeah, baby steps) with my boyfriend. We are still living in a maze of boxes, but I really like it there. We got a new kitty a few weeks ago also, his name is Ramses.

So, uh....I feel kinda weird about moving out. I'm an only child so I feel like I've abandoned my parents and dog and cat. Is that normal? Also - YAY for coming home, taking off your clothes, and eating Reese's Pieces on the couch while naked. I will post pics soon. Of the apartment, not naked candy eating. :p

Congrats Samantha!!!!
moving out is always weird at first... but its the first step for independence!
I'm telling you, its addictive too. Nothing beats having your OWN place
you'd never be able to go back again.. haha
good luck with the new place :)

I demand pictures of the kitty!!!

This is the only pic I have up of the kitty:

571675345_l.jpg

He is quite fond of clawing/biting feet at 3 AM. I keep a spray bottle of water next to the bed. He also eats bilar candy cars.

Skeksis said:

you spoke for the board

at any rate, sweet samantha! independence is always a good thing. at least you still live somewhat close enough so you can drop in for dinner and laundry every once in a while

Thats awesome! I moved outta my parent's place 6 months ago or so, and I love it.

ct_thrash said:
I want to come over and eat Reese's on your marshmallow couch...but not nekkid:)

Poo, you're no fun. I should have everything out of boxes by next weekend, and then we can hang out and eat reese's with marshmallow sauce. I need to mush the couch down to make it as marshmallowy was it was in the store.

When I moved out of my parents' house, I moved out into my (ex) girlfriends' place. I didn't really feel like I had abandoned them, because I was 22 haha. They were also expecting me to move out eventually. I think the way I did it was what bothered me. I just slowly moved random thigns out of my parent's house and would stay with my gf for a day or tow, then come home for a night and leave with more stuff. I never actually told them I was moving out (not even I was sure if I was or not), but when I moved my computer out, I think they got the hint. I remember driving away, waving to my mom and she had that sad "he's not coming back" look on her face. I still well up sometimes when I think about it. I really wish I would have handled that whole situation differently in hindsight.

Sammeh, I don't know how close you are to your parents, but if you're anything like me, don't take for granted the fact that you're still so close to them. I couldn't imagine not being able to go see my parents whenever I wanted to.

That said, it still took me a long time to adjust to the freedom. You'll start to prioritize things differently and maybe pick up some new habits and forget old ones. It's all an exciting part of growing older!

Have fun!

New habit: Forgetting to lock the front door at night.

Thanks for the advice :). I just feel bad. I feel like I've been my parents source of entertainment and link to the outside world. My mom doesn't work, and my dad works nights, so she's all alone. They don't have many friends. All they do is eat and watch TV ....hmm. That sounds like Peter and I, actually.

Random Beard said:
*claps* Now if I only could pay off the car and do the same.

Yeah. I still owe like 7000 on my stupid car. Be like me, and live in the ghetto where small Indian children play hopscotch on the tennis court across from my apartment. I am storing up things to throw at them.

BlackwaterNymph said:
Yeah. I still owe like 7000 on my stupid car. Be like me, and live in the ghetto where small Indian children play hopscotch on the tennis court across from my apartment. I am storing up things to throw at them.
KILL THOSE BLOODY INJUNS!

yeh when i first moved out i was only 15 min away too. it was awesome because id still go up to their house like once a week for dinner and washing machine usage. now i live like 1.5 hours away and cant abuse their house anymore. oh well. enjoy it while you can!

Shpongled said:
Sammeh, I don't know how close you are to your parents, but if you're anything like me, don't take for granted the fact that you're still so close to them. I couldn't imagine not being able to go see my parents whenever I wanted to.

That said, it still took me a long time to adjust to the freedom. You'll start to prioritize things differently and maybe pick up some new habits and forget old ones. It's all an exciting part of growing older!

Have fun!

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

I do miss my parents who live 6000 miles away though.... :(
I'm very close with them, and it sucks to see them only once-twice a year :(

But it is a great part of "growing up"
living alone is the bestest thing ever, nothing is gooder!

:D