I Moved Out.

BlackwaterNymph said:
...of my parents home. Finally. I got an apartment about 15 minutes away (yeah yeah, baby steps) with my boyfriend. We are still living in a maze of boxes, but I really like it there. We got a new kitty a few weeks ago also, his name is Ramses.

So, uh....I feel kinda weird about moving out. I'm an only child so I feel like I've abandoned my parents and dog and cat. Is that normal? Also - YAY for coming home, taking off your clothes, and eating Reese's Pieces on the couch while naked. I will post pics soon. Of the apartment, not naked candy eating. :p

It's pretty normal to feel wierd when you first move out. You are only 15 minutes away, so it's really not that bad.

When I first moved out, I moved 900 miles away. Then after a few years, 3000 miles away! Never looked back. Heh. No baby steps for me I guess. I've always been a pretty independent person though.

All in all, I think moving out of ones' parents house is a good thing. You become more independent, grow as a person, and you can't beat the freedom, etc, etc.

It's probably a good thing to live fairly close to your parents though. You get all the benefits of being near your parents, being able to see them regularly, etc, but if/when they start to annoy you, you can just leave and go home. :p