Mr V. gets a new haircut

Weird and interesting. He can always grow his hair back if he wants to :tickled: Hmm... so is this the boyband transformation? Skelleftaeå must be not so a town full of happenings. Is it for wigs for children who have suffered hair loss from cancer treatment? (If I've understood the swedish correctly)

I've grown my hair for 1 and a half year now and will do so for about 2 more years until cutting it, it saves money and it's cool. Maybe when I´ll grow older and richer and my rebellious youth will dwindle I´ll cut it short again.
Jag vill inte direkt ha långt hår och måne.
what's måne? baldness ?!

V-man looks almost like Tomas Brolin now
{6FF1885F-1AF3-4C77-85C3-573CF0C5C8CB}.jpg

FK980118-BROLIN-440129.jpg

brolin2.jpg

station82o said:
Can anyone who speaks swedish somewhat translate that article for us non-speakers? I tried a online translator but it didn't help. Thanks.

BTW - cool haircut for short hair - but mr.v the long hair is metal man!!

a quick translation, surely with some errors:

From a half-tamed mane - to smart hair style

before: as much hardrock as possible

after: footboll hunk, random pop guy or a completly ordinary guy
Andras Hedlund, Skelleftås' most renowen hard rocker has cut his hair.

He's impossible not to notice at the hairdresser.
Hair reaching a below the waist. As much hardrock as possible.
There are many who has equaled hair length and musical preference, but
andreas h is of the opinion that it really is a conincidence.
- The bands i play in haven't got any real image, he says.

But at some point when he was young he decided to grow his hair and has continued to do so. But after more than
fifteen years with his hair parted it was time to do something about it.

- Age started to remind me of its precence. I don't feel like having long hair and beeing half bald-heded.

The entire scalp is full of little tufts. Soon, soon it's time for Aina Meijer to plant the scissors in the mane.

But Anders. h. looks calm. He looks straight into the mirror, eyeing the picture with the hair style soon to be his.

Are you ready? asks Aina Meijer as she prepares herself.

CUT CUT CUT. Suddenly the back is bare and the hand is full of hair.

- It feels good, i've had time getting used to the thought.

To midsummer a.h. will record a new video with the norweigan band Bork Nagar (what a surprise that the paper got that
bit wrong). But the bandmembers are unaware of a.h.'s new look.

- It will be fun showng up with a new hair cut.

Aina Meijer tells us that she has been lying sleepless :)err: ) thinking about the hair cutting.

- A great deal of one's identity is in the hair, she says

But Andreas is not taking it very hard.

- Sure your look can reveal a lot about your personality, but the inside is alot more important-

After the rinse it's only the shaping left. With deft fingers Aina Meijer quickly transforms the wild mane to a smart
hair style. After a run with the hair dryer it's time for some wax.
She plucks and fixes to get wirls and strands sorted.
Then suddenly a fashionable guy with a mischievous hair doo peeks out.

"Ten years younger", someone of the hair dressers walking by calls, "one can see your eyes", another one says.

A.H. combs through the hair with his fingers. Pulls the fringe forward then sideways.

- This is a thausand hair styles in one.

When it's all done he gets up, walks away to pay. Out of reflex he gets in front of the first mirror and smiles testingly
and checks his new look.

- I am very pleased. It turned out exactly the way i pictured. But it fells as if the entire world will be gawking when i
get out.

For those wondering what's to become of the hardrock he will only give one answer:

- I don't write less good music just because i've got short hair, says A.H.

(The picture text: Will become wig. Aina Meijer has divided the hair into small tufts in order to get all lenghts equal. A.H. will send the hair to a wig maker
who makes wigs for children with cancer etc.)

station82o said:
so Mr. V...whats the story behind this article - did the newspaper approach you about doing this for charity? How did it come about?
I just decided to cut it off, and booked a date at the hair dresser, and they contacted the media, as they felt it was a big deal....I decided along time ago that i wanted to give away to a company that makes "vigs" to children with cancer..

mr V

Vintersorg said:
I just decided to cut it off, and booked a date at the hair dresser, and they contacted the media, as they felt it was a big deal....
How could they know that it was you? There are so many other Hedlunds in Sweden... Couldn't you just call? You have quite different voice when you talk than when you sing. :mad:

I for one think it's a great look for you, Mr. V. There are plenty of people in all forms of metal with short hair (and sometimes no hair!). I am in a similar situation myself... I'm 34 years old now, and not getting any younger :) I have had long hair for ages, and it usually just ends up in a pony tail now so I don't look so "untamed". Maybe it's about time to try something different.

Who knows, Mr. V... maybe you'll start a trend here! :)

And a thousand thanks to spaffe for translating that article! I very much enjoyed reading it.

~Robert

Vintersorg said:
I just decided to cut it off, and booked a date at the hair dresser, and they contacted the media, as they felt it was a big deal....I decided along time ago that i wanted to give away to a company that makes "vigs" to children with cancer..

mr V
Haha, how big is your town anyway? Do you get recognized there frequently in public? (That would drive me insane.)

Graveyardwalker said:
How could they know that it was you? There are so many other Hedlunds in Sweden... Couldn't you just call? You have quite different voice when you talk than when you sing. :mad:
Naahh...they understood very quickly that it was me, i live in a very small town...everybody knows of everybody..nearly...

mr V

station82o said:
Haha, how big is your town anyway? Do you get recognized there frequently in public? (That would drive me insane.)
Yes, but up here people aren't that celebrïty( of course i don't see myself as one..but you get the idea)hungry..so it's cool.

mr V

Looks great!!!....But it's all gone!! That's the thing about long hair...it takes years to grow but it can be cut off in a matter of minutes. My hair is nearly as long but it isnt going anywhere (well i have bad split ends so maybe an inch or two :) ) and my boyfriend was offered $700 to chop off all his hair but he didn't.

I also donated my hair for children with cancer last year.