Muse

It may be just me, but I don't find Muse to be anything like the "Damnation-Era" of Opeth. Some of the songs maybe (Falling Away With You, or Endlessly) but I find them to be in a completely different genre, therefore, you can't really compare them.

Just my opinion.

I like Muse though, I need to get their new album.

Absolution was really good, haven't heard anything else. But I dunno, seems to have kinds fallen out of my playlist kinda fast.

Anyway, saying Muse is better than Radiohead is like saying Swallow the Sun is better than Opeth.

Can't stand the vocals, but some of Absolution was decent. Otherwise this band is just 'Average'.

And to reiterate; can someone, preferably the thread starter, explain how its anything like Damnation era Opeth?

MegaMoose said:
Radiohead>>>>>>>>Muse. FACT. Muse are still good though.

i don´t think you have any ground to tell that as a fact.
do you really think your "facts" are going to convinse me?
if i have an opinnion, it´s nothing i deside... i just happen to
feel the music of muse suits my taste better.

Muse are great. Very effective melodies over solid arrangements, some unusual sounds and mood, passionate vocals (sounds a little like Yorke but since when was he a vocal pioneer?), sometimes quite heavy yet slick. Good lyrics. I love em. Sound somewhat like a modern slick, twitchier Queen to me.

Illidurit, why do you hate them? And try to manage something more in-depth than, "They're fucking gay, you fucking gay pussy poo-poo-head retards!! OMGOMG!!!Dey n0t tr00!!!\m/"

I enjoy Muse a lot more than Radiohead. Is anyone going to tell me I am wrong for having an opinion? Music is so subjective to the individual who is listening to it and the quality of it is interpretation on the listeners behalf. You can have an opinion, and yes you can have your own fact and truth, but don't push your fact and truth on others and dismiss their opinions as bullshit. Except for that MTV crap we are swamped with, that is crap as a fact! LOL

ConvergeNerd said:
I just bought Black Holes and Revelations. Brilliant. The overtones in it are really similar to Opeth. It's alternative rock, for those unfamiliar, along the lines of Damnation-era Opeth but a little less serious. Honestly, I'm beginning to think that this band really can do Radiohead better than Radiohead does Radiohead.

Download "Knights of Cydonia", "Take a Bow", and "Starlight" for a taste.

Right...so they're not like Opeth in ANY way...

But anyway, the 1st half of the album is quite boring/annoying...i haven't decided yet. the 2nd half is a bit better...but will take more listenings.