Muse

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
I have never really been a fan of this type of Brit band but I gotta admit ... these guys really do release some great albums.

Thoughts?

Not a bad band, i own origin of symetry and i saw them live at BDO 04 - I hate Matt Belamy's over the top breathing though :erk:

reidie said:
Not a bad band, i own origin of symetry and i saw them live at BDO 04 - I hate Matt Belamy's over the top breathing though :erk:

Great album... yer Matt does overdo the heavy breathing a bit... mind you I love his whiny woooing and ahhhhhing in some songs.

Apparently they are playing BDO 07

Muse are fucking quality. Every album is a peach. And see them live - fucking awesome. Hairs standing up on the back of my neck. The show is fantastic. And man, they play good. Seen them four times now, going to see them in Nov. Can't fucking wait. I know some people don't like the vocals, but you ask chief what he thinks of absolution...

Top stuff Davros... Mate of mine got their last Live DVD - they were very tight live. Sounded brilliant.

I am looking forward to catching them live early next year.

Awesome Band!.........I saw them Live for Absolution Tour. Fuckin Blew me away!
The new Disk took me off guard, but after a few spins I'm firmly stuck in it.
Reminds me of classic Queen (mostly some of the intense Vocal Harmonies).

out,
t

Yeah, They've got some great songs but the albums lose my interest halfway through.
Have seen them live twice though and have to admit... one of, if not THE best live show I've ever seen. Their headline set of Reading Fest in 2002 was mindblowing!!

tommyv said:
Tru. But "Stockholm Syndrome" off of Absolution is pretty damn close to a Thrash song, IMO :kickass:

out,
t

Agreed - And I remember the CHief saying how he wished he'd come up with that opening riff. New album takes a time to get used to, but now I'm firmly into it. Good stuff all round.

Main riff from Plug in baby? Fucking superb.

yeah, i do really like some of their songs, others not so much, defo dont know an album from start to finish ....for an english band they aint so bad tho, at least they aint the normal indie guff that passes for rock round here

and live i have to agree, muse are incredible, for a three piece, their sound is crazy, and they always put on a show, saw them at brixton a few years ago and at one point the whole place was filled with bubbles from ground to ceiling, with about 10 huuuuuuuge big white balloon/balls bouncing around the crowd, which exploded into glittery things very time they popped.....visual city !!.......seen about 4 times and they are always amazing, defo check them out

aliasp said:
I have never really been a fan of this type of Brit band but I gotta admit ... these guys really do release some great albums.

Thoughts?

Yep i never thought much of this band either, then i heard their new album 'Black Holes And Revelations' and its the best album ive heard all year!!