Music 2012

Don't know if you can still get a copy for a fair price, but Solar Lovers was released on blue vinyl about 1.5 years ago, I bought a copy in Los Angeles. Can't wait to hear them record some new stuff, excited they have reformed!

I am looking forward to the new My Dying Bride, they are recording 14 songs and there will be death metal vocals. I liked Barghest, but they need to do a MUCH better job than For Lies I Sire. For me, a totally uninspired and boring album. They are capable of much more, and they have become so inconsistent from one Lp to the next over the last 10-12 years or so.

Yeah, I agree totally. Every new album they release is either bad or disappointing/boring. I feel old talking about "the good old days" but Turn Loose to Angel and the Dark River to Like Gods to 34...% complete were all very creative, very different sounding albums from each other. It's now been well over a decade since they released a 100% killer album :err:

Yeah, I agree totally. Every new album they release is either bad or disappointing/boring. I feel old talking about "the good old days" but Turn Loose to Angel and the Dark River to Like Gods to 34...% complete were all very creative, very different sounding albums from each other. It's now been well over a decade since they released a 100% killer album :err:

I agree. I really did like the The Dreadful Hours and most of A Line of Deathless Kings (but that CD still had a few horrible songs), but just about everything else they have released since the mid 90's has been incredibly inconsistent, and often dissapointing.

And yes, the new Anathema is beautiful. It took a few listens, but I love the record.

I agree. I really did like the The Dreadful Hours and most of A Line of Deathless Kings (but that CD still had a few horrible songs), but just about everything else they have released since the mid 90's has been incredibly inconsistent, and often dissapointing.

And yes, the new Anathema is beautiful. It took a few listens, but I love the record.

Songs of Darkness, is great, my fav album from MDB

Light at the end of the world and The Dreadful Hours were both very good albums. Songs of Darkness was decent but I feel that was the album were Aaron started talking a lot, and the music, while heavy, just kinda plodded along. Since then it's been pretty much the same formula. I mean when I hear a new MDB song I can predict whats going to come next, because I've heard it so many times before - to me that's not a great listen. It can also be the case of only two (out of six) original members being in the band. I was surprised by the new Paradise Lost, so who knows? maybe this new one will be refreshing and original.

I just returned to it after a month, now that I have swallowed my disappointment and unrealistic hope for a new judgement/eternity I find it much better than I did at release.
I think I like it more than WHBWH.

So Storm Corrosion, let's see... The title track has to be the most melancholic folk song I've yet to hear and the latter half is effectively offsetting. The closing track, Ljudet Innan, opens featuring some soulful soft falsetto vox from Mike and is quite frankly the best I've ever heard him. Steve also lays down some stunningly soulful vocals as well on the track. It's a downtempo ambient piece with a dark jazz vibe (in the same vein as Bohren & der Club of Gore's cover of Catch My Heart.) Those two tracks have a combined total of a bit over twenty minutes of pure sonic bliss. Unfortunately the rest is not worthy of being pressed on the same piece of plastic as the aforementioned tracks.

Storm Corrosion - I loved the whole thing...Bluesky Yeah those two tracks you mentioned are the highlights but the other stuff is great in it's own way. I expected 70's prog rock from this project and ended up getting that mixed with some dark, minimal, experimental and cinematic sounds, which I dig. It sounds like art without the pretense and is way better than Heritage imo.

Last album of german punk rock oldies Die Ärzte is... tripe. What a damn surprise. In creating new music, this bad is as dead as in Flames and only deserves credit for stellar live performances.

... which probabyl doesn't interest anyone here but what the hell.^^

New Six Feet Under album fucking rules, and no this isn't a joke, it is actually good.

Last edited by a moderator: