Music and Politics

insert name

Rip your fucking head off
Mar 14, 2005
How much does the reputation and lifestyle of artists influence your choice of music? What about the "genre" of an artist? For instance, if you liked a band, but it was generally classed it as Nu Metal, would you hate it simply because it was Nu Metal?

I know a lot of people who hate Metallica simply because of the blow up with Napster. They now class all Metallica's work as shit.

I have a friend who refuses to listen to Judas Priest after the child molestation case.

The music comes first and foremost for me, if an artist/composer is good there is no denying that whether they announce their love for Jesus or write about lord of the rings, or even the more "fringe" topics like the NSBM scene covers and also gore lyrics... the beliefs and lyrical content can enhance an artists work but should never make up for mediocrity... I admitedly do think that an artist has do a lot more to impress me if I don't agree with their beliefs though, but thats just a personal preference thing.

I hate music that I think sounds like shit. How's that?

Haha, Dave Holland has been out of Judas Priest for 16 years, and has been out of contact with them. Not to mention, they seldom even used him in the studio from 85-88, because he was such a subpar drummer.

I won't ever like a nu-metal album, not because I refuse to, but because it's a term used to represent a style of music that intrinsically repulses me.

So, what do you reckon guys? 6 pages?

Christie_fell said:
tr00 4ry4n w0t4n1st m3thul

i'd appreciate it if you didn't trivialise the struggle of the [edit by moderator] colourly unchallenged [/edit by moderator] warrior, you [edit by moderator] colourly challenged [/edit by moderator] scum

STOP EDITING MY POSTS GoD YOU [edit by moderator] HUMAN_BEINGS_LIKE_EVERYONE_ELSE-SYMPATHISER [/edit by moderator]

nothing but whether the music sounds good to my ears or not is taken into consideration. i don't care if the singer fucked 15 dead babies, or if the band burns churches..whatever, as long as they make good music, and i enjoy it, i'll continue listening.

Ifurin said:
i'd appreciate it if you didn't trivialise the struggle of the [edit by moderator] colourly unchallenged [/edit by moderator] warrior, you [edit by moderator] colourly challenged [/edit by moderator] scum

STOP EDITING MY POSTS GoD YOU [edit by moderator] HUMAN_BEINGS_LIKE_EVERYONE_ELSE-SYMPATHISER [/edit by moderator]
haha too bad I read the original post, GoD. Close enough, though.

Hahahhahahahhahah, Ifurin got PWNED. See, that's why I want to moderate a forum. So I can fuck with people. Definitely worth the trouble.

And yeah, Exumer nailed it. I might refuse to buy, say, a Dub Buk CD, because any money going to them would support–theoretically–the extermination of the Jews, of which I am one. Not cool. But Rob Darken being a jackasss doesn't make Graveland any less awesome.

I doubt Dub Buk is doing anything other than making music. Half or even more of the bands claiming to HATE JEWS RAWRGH or whatever wouldn't do anything to a Jew.

Let us hope so.

And as far as the topic goes, I think everyone knows I couldn't give less of a shit.