The politics thread

Metal head87 said:
Ohh, I'm sorry. I thought you said that the opinions were dispensible. Sorry about that. It's funny how missing that 'in' completely changes everything that I thought you said.

Yikes, I'm glad you caught that.. flips everything around, lol. I'll clarify for others: I love you all, keep talking! ;)

UnConscious said:
We cannot do anything about this war but talk. So please, speak. Please say that you are sorry for the people dying in Israel. Please say that you are sorry for the people dying in Lebanon. Please don't say that it's "justified". They are not numbers, they are people.

Finally a decent argument...but you twisted some of my words a little...
About the building in Kana they bombed...it was bombed due to bad or wrong intelligence...when It comes to buildings the Israeli pilot doesn't use very much judgement since he doesn't see the people inside the building so he just follows orders so it was an error and errors happen at wars.It doesn't justify innocent people dying,I know but it gives some explanation for why those people died...when it comes to cars or people on the street the pilot can see more and therefore uses more judgement so innocent people don't get hurt.The same thing with Israeli air force bombing by accident a UN post killing unarmed UN officials some 2 weeks ago...It was a mere error but it turned half of the world against Israel.
I regret those innocent people died in Kana and I regret the false and exagurated number of casualties Lebanon or Hizbollah have reported in Kana.

about the "justified" thing...I didn't mean innocent people dying on both sides is justified...I meant hunting down the hizbollah for attacking Israel unprovoked is justified...I also say that Israel was unsiccessfull in stopping the hizbollah and got a lot of innocent people killed in those air strikes but you must understand that it wasn't intentional and was unfortunate, you also must agree that the number of innocent casualties in Lebanon could be exagurated.
I am also truely sorry for the people of Lebanon who were as we say in hebrew "between the hammer and the anvil" means getting fuck from both sides...Israel that throws fliers to evacuate because we're gonna bomb the area while hizbollah troops don't allow the population to leave and use them as human shields.
about Israel using exessive force in lebanon during the air strikes it was to get Hizbollah once and for all...it failed and the victims were Lebanese people but as for the argument of Israel using unproportional reaction to Hizbollah's attack the matter is purely subjective...there's no one who can tell if it was an overreaction since every person would draw the line elsewhere.
In conclusion what I'm saying is(and I said it at the beginning of the thread also) I'm truely sorry for all casualties in this war on both Lebanese and Israel's sides and basicly Lebanon is not a side in this war becuase Lebanon did nothing wrong and there weren't any bad relations between lebanon and Israel...Israel's war is against Hizboallah on Lebanon's territory.If there was a way to disarm or destroy hizbollah and insure Israel's safety from the north without harming Lebanese civillians I'm sure we would do it instead of this constant fighting...in the same note if anyone here knows the exact coordinates of Nassrallah's Bonker please inform the Israeli Army so this war could finally be over.

trentdk said:
Yikes, I'm glad you caught that.. flips everything around, lol. I'll clarify for others: I love you all, keep talking! ;)
Yeah, sorry about that. I must have looked like a real ass. We all make mistakes I guess.

trentdk said:
Interesting. I think the reason I questioned a similarity was that a terrorist attack invoked, eventually, an occupation. I don't yet think it is similar or dissimilar, but I do believe saying "Israel isn't even attacking Lebanon" is a bit of a stretch. The country's infrastructure and capital have been targets.

That was my whole point about the news, it sucks; this thread is indispensable because it is populated by first person point-of-views.

about the whole indispensiblity thing I totally agree with you...
now about the occupation thing I'll explain to you why this is not an occupation matter...the al jazeera started the whole Israel is occupying Lebanon thing and all its devoted and brainwashed viewers in the arab world followed...which means that soon enough other people would start believeing that crap...we all know that Al jazeera are a bunch of pro terrorist biased sack of shit media and we shouldn't believe anything they say(Airing the Bin Laden tapes exclussively does say something about them,doesn't it?)
but that's hardly an argument.
first of all Israeli Army officials and Israeli PM and defence misnter repeated one time after another that the goal of this operation is not to occupy Lebanon but ensure Israel's safety from Hizbollah and possibly other militias in Lebanon and have the peacefull army of Lebanon sit at the south of Lebanon guarding it's border and people instead of Hizbollah...now if Israel wanted to occupy Lebanon why would we say such things...this is also the UN's resolution...having an multinational force sit at the south of Lebanon to ensure Israel's safety until Lebanon's army would put its forces in the south and allow the UN to leave...and Israel agreed to this plan
moreover Israel has also agreed to return the lands called "shaba farms" at the very north of Israel once conqured from the lebanese.
third argument: we suffered a bloddy war in lebanon for 18 years(from 82 till 2000) in which we had soldiers dying in lebanon every day...when we finally left lebanon in 2000 it was a breath of fresh air to the people of Israel as there were no casualties in for the past 6 years in that area aside from the occasional short distance missiles shot at our north border cities(not the daily amount shot these day off course but 3-4 rockets occasionaly).then why on earth would we ant to go back there and have more of our soldiers killed.
4th argument:at the beginning of this war Israel didn't send ground troops and tanks and heavy forces into Lebanon but bombed Hizbollah infilstructure and unfortunately lebanese civillians also died on these bombings but it's beside the point. You can't occupy a territory by air strikes as when you bomb a place from the air...as soon as the plain leaves those who were in that place can return there and continue their missile shooting or what not...
Israel was trying at all cost to avoid sending ground forces to lebanon to avoid Israeli soldiers casualties...

I think you get the point

since we should speak , this a joke of war ( italian folks its just a joke ) ...

In 1982, Italy won the world cup and war rajed between Israel and Lebanon.
In 2006, Italy won the world cup and again the war rajed between Israel and Lebanon

Message to all Lebanese/israely people:

Next time Italy wins the world cup, we all
go immediately down to the shelters!!:loco:

That's a bad idea. Instead, just fix the game so Italy cannot win. That way, we can also take advantage as far as betting is concerned!:lol:

well i can go hell if the hell really exists. but especially in last years, i am not sure if the god that some holy books talk about can decide who will go hell or heaven. maybe it'll be easier for him to decide for myself that i reject him. if the god will present me the heaven as a bribe for me to be a good person, and if he'll punish me if i don't like him, i am against god.

paradoxile, i even don't think you are really a bad person. i also think that noone is really so bad. Maybe even the terrorists who collapsed down the WTO were thinking that killing some civilians is just a part of the war to have success. Maybe actually Israel government thinks the same.

But, as a legal state, Israel should act like a legal state.

Israel could enter the Syria or Iran which are the true threat for it, but Lebanon is one of the most modern countries in the middle east and the only one mistake they did it that they don't have any strong military force.

Israel can bomb countries like Saudi Arabia too where is the native land of Usama Bin Ladin, but no, because the USA will not let you to do that.

The guys that blew up the World Trade Center were just filthy, bloodthirsty butchers. If they were doing it for religious purposes, they wouldn't have gotten wasted (as we all know, Islam doesn't allow consumption of alcohol) with hookers (not a very righteous act either) the night before.

HeathenPride said:
well i can go hell if the hell really exists. but especially in last years, i am not sure if the god that some holy books talk about can decide who will go hell or heaven. maybe it'll be easier for him to decide for myself that i reject him. if the god will present me the heaven as a bribe for me to be a good person, and if he'll punish me if i don't like him, i am against god.

paradoxile, i even don't think you are really a bad person. i also think that noone is really so bad. Maybe even the terrorists who collapsed down the WTO were thinking that killing some civilians is just a part of the war to have success. Maybe actually Israel government thinks the same.

But, as a legal state, Israel should act like a legal state.

Israel could enter the Syria or Iran which are the true threat for it, but Lebanon is one of the most modern countries in the middle east and the only one mistake they did it that they don't have any strong military force.

Israel can bomb countries like Saudi Arabia too where is the native land of Usama Bin Ladin, but no, because the USA will not let you to do that.

Israel was acting like a legal state...and went after hizbollah not after the lebanese people or the lebanese army...and Israel went after hizbollah after an unprovoked attack from hizbollah on Israeli soil.
Lebanese people are peacefull and Israel are mosnters because Israel bombed lebanon while our children and civillians weren't dying...right?

now when there's a ciese fire Israel and the Lebanese army are planning Israel's retreat from Lebanon together without any threat to anyone and without friction with the lebanese army because everyone knows that Israel never attacked first and has/d no intetion of hurting the lebanese people.

about Saudi Arabia...sure Israel can bomb there...on what grounds exactly?
Saudi Arabia did nothing to Israel. Syria were helping hizbollah but weren't figting us themselves so no reason to bomb there either.
Iran...why would Israel even want to go there...

Fact is Israel never innitiated war against anyone...so stop making monsters of us.

Of course Israel has nothing to do with Iran or even Syria directly. But USA has, and this war was beneficial for them since it cleared their way towards Syria. That's why they supported this war and that's why the precious "Condi" said that this war will give birth to a new Middle East. This isn't the last war of the Mİddle East, it's just a beginning.

UnConscious said:
Of course Israel has nothing to do with Iran or even Syria directly. But USA has, and this war was beneficial for them since it cleared their way towards Syria. That's why they supported this war and that's why the precious "Condi" said that this war will give birth to a new Middle East. This isn't the last war of the Mİddle East, it's just a beginning.

you don't need to be a professor to say this isn't the last war in the middle east...but you must understand that US policy says nothing on Israel's policy.

frankly I don't think the US will ever wage war on Syria because erasing Syria isn't going to serve any interests for anyone...the US will be seen as an agressor and gain negative public oppinion in the US and outside of it which will also make the stupid mob in some arab countries go berzerk and start burning embassies and UN offices etc. etc. and by eliminating Syria,Iran's nuclear threat won't be eliminated...
If the US attacks Iran after Irani Nuclear threats and such...and wins...Syria is left alone with no support from anyone and will probably without any choice sign a peace agreement with Israel without a single bullet shot from either side.

The biggest nightmare of all- after all this war in the Midle East, Iran threatening everyone with its nuclear power.
You can see that the US is making statements, but I don't see any country going in to do something about it. How could anyone? They are crazy enough to start a nuclear war.

I agree with saying that this is probably not the last war in the Middle East, but I also state that for me personally I will do everything to avoid it, even if I cannot make all the difference in the world with my one humble persona. I have started my one woman army to try and understand what is happening, to not blindly swallow what the media is telling me and to allow any person - indifferent what country they are from- to become a friend of mine.

So yes we are discussing a lot, and I see that going on all around me. The one thing I don't hear is: what do you, as a person living in the region, think could be a long term solution of the problem?

I don't think Iran actually has the bomb yet though. I think they are in the process of building one.
I think if Israel wasn't pre-occupied with Hezballa, they would have gone into Iran like they did with Iraq when they were building nuclear reactors.
Maybe that's why Hezballa kidnapped the soldiers, to distract Israel from Iran?