The politics thread

the real winners when all this settles down is the weapons industry.
they win all the time. it seems if there were not conflicts between humans/nations they would need to be manufactured.

If Avi waived a swan, at dawn, and everything from racism, sectarian hatred, fascism were settled, by evening something new to fight about would emerge.

Korlich said:
what i here u say is terrorists decide whether u should have peace or not. That´s just sad. I know Israel was/is surounded by enemies (enemy goverments NOT ppl), but a two state solution is best bet to end this.

that's excatly what I'm saying...and I agree with you about having 2 states.
the problem is while there are talks between our and their politicians...the armed militias do whatever the fuck they want being lead by some asshole terrorist who's being harbored by the syrian government.
and everything because these militias don't recognize the right of Israel's existance (like a certain Irani asshole) and that's what you get...

Imrama said:
the real winners when all this settles down is the weapons industry.
they win all the time. it seems if there were not conflicts between humans/nations they would need to be manufactured.

If Avi waived a swan, at dawn, and everything from racism, sectarian hatred, fascism were settled, by evening something new to fight about would emerge.

As the Israeli weapon industry belongs to the government...there are only losses on Israel's side(with the fact that they had to buy bonker piercing bombs from the US.

as for the other thing I agree and disagree with you...if all those things were settled off course people would find things to disagree about but certain subjects can be solved simply by agreeing to disagree or having some sort of compromise or in the worse case result in having no relations at all...but in any case it doesn't allways mean people will kill each other over a disagreement.then again you might need a 100 year war to learn that fighting won't solve anything.

In the past days I have been afraid almost to post in this thread. As lot of you know- my heart lies with Israel.
But in my head a struggle is going on- especially after seeing the Kana footage.

But then I saw the speech of the Israeli speaker for the UN. He said: if we are forced to stop our actions and everyone is pointing at us for what happened- when we did not intend for this- you are playing into the hands of Hezbollah, probably they are celebrating now, because this is exactly what they wanted to happen.

Now these are harsh words right after such a terrible terrible end to a lot of lives, but I see his point.
Also I don't believe that the Israeli army wanted for this to happen.
I hope war will end soon!

Of course Israel didn't want this to happen. Besides that Israel are not the ruthless murderers everyone else in the world makes them out to be, even from an economical point of view it is not something any country would want to have to go through. The economy still hasn't completely rejuvinated from the intifada from a few years ago. I highly doubt missiles falling and cities being evacuated could really help them out so much from that point of view.

Obviously, the fact that lives are being lost in this whole situation is worse and I'm not saying the economy, as important and vital it is to a country, is more important than people's lives. I'm just saying that Israel is being hurt by this situation on different fronts.

According to the official announcement from IDF officials...there were Hizbollah people in that building in Kana 2 days earlier...somewhere along the chain of command caused the message to come too late so when they bombed it Hizbollah was long gone...naturally if info was accurate they would never bomb that building

when i look at the big picture, i see two people starring: george w. bush and mahmud ahmedinejad. unfortunately, this is a dark movie and both of them are antagonists. and the leading actress award goes to condy, who is in love with the idea of a new middle east that will be born from the dusts of the innocent people dying there right now. israel and hizbollah are just supporting actors.

UnConscious said:
when i look at the big picture, i see two people starring: george w. bush and mahmud ahmedinejad. unfortunately, this is a dark movie and both of them are antagonists. and the leading actress award goes to condy, who is in love with the idea of a new middle east that will be born from the dusts of the innocent people dying there right now. israel and hizbollah are just supporting actors.

nothing to add, you're right !!!!!!!!

Nevermind, the band said they have no idea who is posting that untrue statement and they are looking forward to bringing their music to the Israeli audience!
Dismember rule!

Systm0fD0wn said:
Both sides are at fault in this conflict. It's really hard for me to choose any particular side.

how about just blaming the Hizbollah for starting the whole thing unprovoked
the unfortunate events of getting Lebanese civillians killed are bared on both sides.
Having Israel at fault of this conflict means Hizbollah's simultanious rocket attack and abducting soldiers on our territory unprovoked is justified...it also means supporting a terroristic organization.

take that into perspective

Metal head87 said:
Nevermind, the band said they have no idea who is posting that untrue statement and they are looking forward to bringing their music to the Israeli audience!
Dismember rule!

Depeche mode cancelled 3 days before its concert in tel aviv:erk:

That's because Depeche Mode are not Vikings. True Vikings don't care whether or not there is war, in fact, they run to war!
But seriously, Dismember are not a real big draw, they don't sell many albums, they just do this because they love the music. That's why they are not waiting for this whole mess to end. They would rather go to a country that is fighting a war to play their music, to give their fans something to be happy about and to forget what is going on for a few hours. I'm sure a lot of their fans their are probably worried about what is going on, last thing they need is to be told that the show they've been looking forward to so badly is being cancelled.

paradoxile said:
how about just blaming the Hizbollah for starting the whole thing unprovoked
the unfortunate events of getting Lebanese civillians killed are bared on both sides.
Having Israel at fault of this conflict means Hizbollah's simultanious rocket attack and abducting soldiers on our territory unprovoked is justified...it also means supporting a terroristic organization.
take that into perspective

Hizbollah are arrogant as ever. This situation could've been prevented if Hizbollah weren't so proud of themselves (Vanity among their beliefs) of what they think is right. I strongly dislike Israel's actions, a lot of innocent individuals have died because of military action upon Lebanon. Did they ever think about the people before they fired the missiles? There were other alternatives to avoid massive casualties, like ground based combat, less casualties.

All Im asking is that Hizbollah gives Israel their 2 soldiers already and end this nonsense once and for all.
:)

As a matter of fact that did think before firing missiles but like in any war innocent people die...aspecially if a hizbollah member is hiding inside civillian population.
Ground based attack was something the Israeli Army was trying to avoid at all cost...having a vast experience from the war with hizbollah that lasted from 1982 till 2000...ground assault means many israeli soldiers dead...especially with the whole Hizbollah structure intact...that's why it needed to be bombed from the air...

I really don't think it's about the abducted soldiers...sure it started with an unprovoked missile attack and soldiers abducted but the Israeli goal is Israel's safety on the long run...sure we can stop fighting in Lebanon, Hizbollah will rebuild it's posts along the border and can shoot rockets at the north of Israel at innocent civillian...a country should have an official army guarding the borders and all armed militias must be dismembered or at least disarmed by law.
since the objectives haven't been reached yet, there's no reason to stop fighting.
there should enter an multinational force to keep the peace in the region...and then there will be ciese fire...
if there will be ciese fire, the multinational force won't get inside Lebanon and Israel will remain at risk.

I just saw that Israel sent in 8000 soldiers into Lebanon.
But if they sent in ground troops into Lebanon first, there would have been loads of Israeli casualties. It's not like Hezbala fights fair. Those groups are known for using guerrilla warfare.
I don't think the kidnapped soldiers is the real reason Israel went in there though. I think their intelligence must have found out about something that they are not revealing. After all, Syria and Iran both support Lebanon, and we all know what the Iranian dictator, I mean Prime Minister, thinks of Israel. Since when do pissant terrorist orginizations have missiles? Who knows what else they could have been capable of if Israel didn't go in now.

The absolute solution for the mide east:

113988.jpg

paradoxile said:
As the Israeli weapon industry belongs to the government...there are only losses on Israel's side(with the fact that they had to buy bonker piercing bombs from the US.

as for the other thing I agree and disagree with you...if all those things were settled off course people would find things to disagree about but certain subjects can be solved simply by agreeing to disagree or having some sort of compromise or in the worse case result in having no relations at all...but in any case it doesn't allways mean people will kill each other over a disagreement.then again you might need a 100 year war to learn that fighting won't solve anything.

i meant on a gobal scale war is the most profitable industry. for instance 50 cent of every taxed us dollar goes towards weapon procurement. it is a paradox of sorts talking peace in the middle east yet the same nation is the biggest arms dealer in the world.

maybe to better illustrate my point i invite you to a view a film called "lord of war". it is based on the real experience of an ukranian jew arms dealer.

on the other point i agree with you it is better to agree to disagree.

i learnt that from heated discussions on politics in the past with the moderator of this board ;)