Music to be miserable to...

Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream (album not song)
Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun (same as above)
Porcupine Tree - Recordings (this one too)

and a few specific songs since the other albums aren't as depressing, all by PT:
Lips of Ashes, Heartattack in a Layby, Collapse the Light Late Earth, Drown With Me, Chloroform, hmmm... can't think of anymore, but man, Feel So Low, its off Lightbulb Sun, fucking oh my god ;_; I <3 it

And of course Manowar - Master of the Wind.

worldwide_suicide said:
Katatonia- Strained
Porcupine tree- Collapse the Light into Earth
Tori Amos- Winter :(
Portishead- anything
Pearl Jam- Indifference
Alice In Chains- Nutshell
NIN- Hurt
Smashing Pumpkins- For Martha :(
etc..

I agree with all of those. Seriously though, I don't know how im still alive considering the amount of times i've listened to nutshell. That song is basically like writing your own death-warrant.

Anathema
Isis
Massive Attack
My Dying Bride
Neurosis
Paatos
Swallow the Sun
Kayo Dot, if you want to gain psychosis.

That's all that I can think of now.

Some of these are excellent recommendations. I have two or three of my own that people may be interested in:

Hope Of The States - 'Me Ves Y Sufres' (British indie/post-rock outfit, I personally find their album 'The Lost Riots' to be monumentally uplifting, but this song is possibly the most heartbreaking thing I ever heard).
Tori Amos - 'Gold Dust', 'Putting The Damage On', 'Baker Baker', 'From The CHoirgirl Hotel' (album).
My Dying Bride - 'Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light' (Especially 'A Doomed Lover' and 'My Wine In Silence').
Anathema - 'One Last Goodbye', 'Barriers', 'A Fine Day To Exit' (song), 'Electricity'.
Paradise Lost - 'It's Too Late'

I've forgotten lots... I'll add them in later... :cry:

^you're completely right, i don't think this is song is "miserable", but it really makes me feel sad :( i think playboy mommy is more "miserable" i'd say or as someone sugested already... baker baker :(