How Many Here Are Musicians?

• I Am A Not Musician

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • I Am A Musician

Votes: 57 80.3%

• Total voters

Pablo Wablo

Aug 1, 2002
I had a quick look and didn't see a thread on this. It spawn from a thread in the Musicians Corner.

Being a musician and kinda surrounding myself with musicians, I forget that not everyone that enjoys this sort of music (Vai, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Satch and whoever else fits the list) are musicians. So sitting here I was wondering, how many of us here enjoy technical music such as this and don't play instruments. :)

i'm glad someone noticed what i said in that thread (if you actually saw my post hehe:p ) i am a musician guitars and keyboards:)

Yeah both yours and shredguitarman's post got me to a wonderin'. :)
I consider anyone that can play, even a little bit, to be a musician. Whether it be strumming G C D chords or pulling off 4 octave sweep arpeggios. You don't have to be making a living doing it. I'm not in a band, haven't been since high school, but I consider myself a musician. :)

Alden

I consider any student of music or a composer who can play a instrument a musician.I'm studying music and I write some music,I hope I will do a music college and be a professional player/studio guy.So maybe in 10 years you will be buying my complete discography :p
Orlock's Note: Jax a sax player?!?!No way man :lol:!

Think I better reply to a thread I origonally placed in your head Pablo... (with Ultimate Symphony as well of course...)

I've been in Ireland this week and reading through this thread thought it was gonna turn into one one of those 'you're not a musician if you can't play blah blah blah....' (even though I can!!).... thank god it didn't.....

Anyway as you all know.... I'm a guitarist

You know Pablo... looking at the replies... I reckon on musos would answer a question like this!!!!??

And why won't this thing let me vote?? I reckon it's a conspiracy... there is definately more than 10 musos between us all..

I was kinda worried it would turn into that sort of thing too. I knew it wouldn't though, our little Symphony X family is better than that. :)
I see only 3 non-musician's have voted. I'm sure there are more you out there. Non-musicians!!!! Chime in and say hello. :) hehe We're all Symphony X fans. :)
Cheers!

Alden :)