Musician thread

Peti

Jan 18, 2003
Budapest, Hungary
Hi!
Well this is for questions, discussions about instruments. (Anyways we've already had this thread some years ago)
I just didn't want to make a new thread each of my questions.

My question is what's the difference between EMG-81 and EMG HZ-H4?

good question..

when I have the money I am gonna change my pickups for the RX10-D to either some EMG's or a Dimebucker :D Which one do you guys prefer?

ah.. I'd for the EMG's man... I want the cleanest sound possible.. like the less scratches and overdubness when I put on more distortion the better :D And I hear great things about EMG's in that area in particular..

Emg 81 are active and battery powered with an internal preamp giving you a hugely powerful output with little hum (the pickup itsself is low output but the signal gets boosted in the preamp giving little string pull hum.)
As a result, you get majorly increased note definition.

The HZ4 is passive and as a result, lower output and doesn't have the same note clarity.

If you don't end up getting EMGs (I have 81-85s myself, br00t4l) your next best choice(s) are Seymour Duncans Distortion or DiMarzio X2N. I've heard nothing but great things about the X2N so I would check those out first. Good Luck.

wat you guys think of Duncan's JB and Jazz pups? also will it make a whole lot of difference between the h4 and emg81? cuz i really dont feel like cutting another hole in my guitar.. but i will if i have too

SD JB are the best pickups for rock music imo, defently better than whole EMG thing, selectable single coil and really great distorted though clean sounds make them my dream... I bought myself Dimarzio Paf Pro and after many months of usage I can tell you one... its very very alike single coil, im starting to think about changing it :(
I had EMG for some time a couple of years back and I enjoyed id much until I found out that they are only distorted sound good for :) thats my opinion about 81 I had, never tried any other :)

I like the way emg 85's sound, i have both 85/81 bridge/neck setup and its a good tone even through my POS solid state marshall. Duncans sound pretty damn good as well but It really depends on exactly what sound you are going for. Research bands that use emg's and see how that tone differs from another amp, and then see which you like better. I liked Alexi's tone from his Jackson guitar a hell of a lot more then his current tone.

On my RR, i use EMG 85 bridge and 89 neck.

Bodomic--"SD JB are the best pickups for rock music imo, defently better than whole EMG thing, selectable single coil"

You can do that with the EMG 89. I have my neck position 89 wired to permenant single coil...

why the fuck do you even try to do a "musician" discussion? All of you fucktards are just a bunch of Alexi lovers who play that damn queer string instrument. Just do a "&#197;&#181;G!! GUITARRRR ALEXI <3 8====D~~~" thread and stick to it! Mother fuckers! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(i just woke up, i'm as high as stoned, so sorry about all that :lol: )

-Gavin- said:
On my RR, i use EMG 85 bridge and 89 neck.

Bodomic--"SD JB are the best pickups for rock music imo, defently better than whole EMG thing, selectable single coil"

You can do that with the EMG 89. I have my neck position 89 wired to permenant single coil...
I was talking about the tone Gav, not about the coils possibilities :) but thats only my opinion :cool:

Tut Ankh Amon said:
why the fuck do you even try to do a "musician" discussion? All of you fucktards are just a bunch of Alexi lovers who play that damn queer string instrument. Just do a "&#197;&#181;G!! GUITARRRR ALEXI <3 8====D~~~" thread and stick to it! Mother fuckers! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(i just woke up, i'm as high as stoned, so sorry about all that :lol: )
Id make a "&#197;&#181;G!! AIR TUTSY PUTSY DRUMMING <3 8====D~~~" thread one day then :D

Lake_Laiho said:
good question..

when I have the money I am gonna change my pickups for the RX10-D to either some EMG's or a Dimebucker :D Which one do you guys prefer?

Never saw this.

I have both, love them both, but i'm partial to the EMGs