Musician thread

Peti said:
:lol:

does anyone have a tab for Sinergy - Razorblade Salvation?
you mean like a tablet for you to cut your wrists on? like this?
2004-01-%20Tabua%20churrasco%20Velox.jpg

Tut Ankh Amon said:
why the fuck do you even try to do a "musician" discussion? All of you fucktards are just a bunch of Alexi lovers who play that damn queer string instrument. Just do a "ŵG!! GUITARRRR ALEXI <3 8====D~~~" thread and stick to it! Mother fuckers! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(i just woke up, i'm as high as stoned, so sorry about all that :lol: )

:lol:

Well, i have a question. What about your inspirations and things for playing and soloing.

I find mysyelf dabbling into Nabuo Uematsu's work and contorting some of it into something metal as I've always enjoyed the Final Fantasy soundtracks.

Rock Hydra said:
Well, i have a question. What about your inspirations and things for playing and soloing.

I find mysyelf dabbling into Nabuo Uematsu's work and contorting some of it into something metal as I've always enjoyed the Final Fantasy soundtracks.

You've got to set goals, definite, hard to reach, but not impossible goals. Record yourself and try to improve what you hdon't like in your playing.

And of course, don't ever EVER practice without a metronome!

It is one of the reasons why this man and many others achieved such amazing virtuosity.

JOHN%20PETRUCCI%20%20from%20PRINT%20R1_22%2011JUL02%20at%2072dpi.JPG

Wings of a dream said:
You've got to set goals, definite, hard to reach, but not impossible goals. Record yourself and try to improve what you hdon't like in your playing.

And of course, don't ever EVER practice without a metronome!

It is one of the reasons why this man and many others achieved such amazing virtuosity.

I think I misworded that. Should read what are your inspirations?

About the Metronome, yeah...I've seen people use it as a tool, but I've seen others use it as a crutch. Especially when I was in elementary school when I was learning how to play the trumpet.

BloodyScalpel said:
metronomes are overrated - they are neat, but not as necesarry as everyone claims them to be.

agreed, i just got done practicing with one, but you definally dont need one every time you practice. They help alot with scales but many times your better off without it.

Wings of a dream said:
You sir, obviously do not know the beauty of it.

I always play to drumtracks. Keeps things in a musical context.

The ONLY time i play to a click track is when recording.

-Gavin- said:
I always play to drumtracks. Keeps things in a musical context.

The ONLY time i play to a click track is when recording.

Well that's ok too, it doesn't really matter as long as you have a steady beat (or sequence) that you can speed up or slow down.