Musician thread

-Gavin- said:
I always play to drumtracks. Keeps things in a musical context.

The ONLY time i play to a click track is when recording.

same here, picked up a dr-20 cause of it, though I use guitar pro at times as well

I'm thinkig of buying a DiMarzio Superdistortion for the bridge of my strat....is that a good choice?

I have a list of guitars for my second guitar, but i can't decide on which one to get. £499 is the maximum i can spend. I know i have to try them out myself, but i don't want to try 6 at the same time, so if you could narrow the list down to 2 or 3 that would be cool, then it will be easier to make my final decision.

Model-----------------------Price--------RRP

Washburn X50 Pro-Fe -------£469-------£599
ESP LTD M200FM------------£449-------£499
Ibanez S470DXQM-----------£429-------£479
Ibanez RG1570 (Prestige)----£499--------£599
Jackson RR3 Trans Finish-----£459--------??? '06 re-design
Jackson DK2M Trans Finish---£429--------??? same as above

in this order

1.Ibanez RG1570 (Prestige)----£499--------£599
2.Jackson RR3 Trans Finish-----£459
3.Ibanez S470DXQM-----------£429-------£479

Feel_The_Force said:
I have a list of guitars for my second guitar, but i can't decide on which one to get. £499 is the maximum i can spend. I know i have to try them out myself, but i don't want to try 6 at the same time, so if you could narrow the list down to 2 or 3 that would be cool, then it will be easier to make my final decision.

Model-----------------------Price--------RRP

Washburn X50 Pro-Fe -------£469-------£599
ESP LTD M200FM------------£449-------£499
Ibanez S470DXQM-----------£429-------£479
Ibanez RG1570 (Prestige)----£499--------£599
Jackson RR3 Trans Finish-----£459--------??? '06 re-design
Jackson DK2M Trans Finish---£429--------??? same as above

the S470DXQM. its got shit pickups but its got one hell of an innovative tremelo, when you bust a string it stays in tune, and its just a pleasure to rip on. add a mahogony body to the mix and its a great deal.

Feel_The_Force said:
What did you think was wrong with the other ones?

nothing just i prefer ibanez, but DK jackons are good.

RR3s are really crappy, it you want a rhoads get a rr1 or rr5, Dont be a fanboy and get a laiho sig.

Esp and washburn are really overated.

Elysian893 said:
the S470DXQM. its got shit pickups but its got one hell of an innovative tremelo, when you bust a string it stays in tune, and its just a pleasure to rip on. add a mahogony body to the mix and its a great deal.
Yeah, that tremolo fuckin rawks! and mahogony is good so..I would go for the ibanez

Elysian893 said:

Do you think it's worth changing the pickups? Or should i save my money and buy a good amp or something instead of my shitty 15 watt marshall.

Feel_The_Force said:
yes to which one? lol

by the rg ibanez, and switch the pups to dimarzio.

then save for a line 6 half stack (best value half stack)

i know it might take a while to save up that much but trust me, its worth it