musicians!!!! i need some bodom help

goth_fiend

happiness is jagermiester
Jan 15, 2004
california
what kind of chord progressions do the children use? im trying to come up with a bodom like sound with my band, but all the chords i use sound like poo, also what scale forms does alexi use to lead with? im hearing mostly harmonic minor and whole tone stuff with a little bit of modal stuff added in as well. thanks guys!

notice i said my band wants a bodom LIKE(all of us basically get influences from these guys) sound not to SOUND like bodom, just to clairify, also i have several tabs im just not very good at theory.

Most of the rhythms consist of power chords, and when Alexi solos, he uses a lot of minor 7th arpeggios and both major and minor triads with some Aeolian mixed in there. I'm sure there's a lot more he does but this is what I've seen from looking at some tabs.

all bodom songs of course dont just use one set of chord progressions and one scale/mode to solo in! some songs might suit a harmonic minor scale and some major etc really dude its a bit silly , if you wanna see what key its in etc just get a guitar pro or midi and open it up