My 18 week old fetus....

vixenrouge

New Metal Member
Dec 4, 2005
will be able to hear Opeth when my husband and I go to see them (our 3rd time!) on Nov 5th in Portsmouth. We are both really excited about our unborn child being able to experience their sounds in the womb, because they are one of our favourite bands.

I am sure some of you probably think I am absolutely crazy, but I can assure you that I am not.
I just want to share my excitment with other Opeth fans.

in 16 years you'll tell him you went to a death metal concert while he was in the womb and he'll scream 'no wonder my life is so fucked up' and slam the door and listen to the future equivalent of emo

thats cool. i hope the loudness of the concert wont be too hard on the baby. u might wanna check that out.

illidurit said:
in 16 years you'll tell him you went to a death metal concert while he was in the womb and he'll scream 'no wonder my life is so fucked up' and slam the door and listen to the future equivalent of emo
rofl

Lothlorien said:
thats cool. i hope the loudness of the concert wont be too hard on the baby. u might wanna check that out.

Yeah, good point.

According to this study, the fetus will be able to hear a dampened down noise because its' ears are filled with amniotic fluid. Also, it will be able to hear mostly low-frequency rather than high-frequency sounds. So it should be safe.

http://www.napa.ufl.edu/2004news/fetalhearing.htm

this topic would have been so much better received if you hadn't said 'fetus'. that word just makes me think of that south park guy with the fetus on his head:lol:

good luck to you, hope the baby turns out alright.

heres a suggestion.

Let your kid listen to the softer side of Opeth for a few minutes each day, and he might be born with a gift of music. My mom told me that she did that, and its the reason why I enjoy music so much. I dunno. Just a thought

vixenrouge said:
According to this study, the fetus will be able to hear a dampened down noise because its' ears are filled with amniotic fluid. Also, it will be able to hear mostly low-frequency rather than high-frequency sounds.

Hopefully Martin M. doesn't screw up his bass lines then ;)

The scientists already made a Mozart study on babies, why not make an Opeth study? I'm not sure but I reckon the Mozart study didn't give any positive answers, so why not try something a bit more...eh...loud, dissonant and, most importantly, something with lots of low frequencies but still dynamic and harmonic!