My april 30 experience!!!

aztattooedsean

crazed tattooed metalhead
Jan 19, 2002
Chandler,arizona
www.facebook.com
I got into town around 2pm and headed downtown on the Orange rail from Midway.

I immediately went to the House of Blues. I happened to find Thraxx in the restaurant. Mister, I look forward to checking out that death angel dvd! :headbang:

I saw buddy, brent, Pink, lord, defragger(did I spell that correctly?), and others. I also met a cool anthrax fanatic metalhead lady that I know from myspace.

After eating some early meal, I am sorry I didn't make the board member meal but 6:30 was going to be too late and I had this insane thought that I should go up front.

I bought one of the cool new anthrax shirts with the picture from the website on front and the first few dates up thru Australia on the back. I also got one of the new flexi fitted hats. Cool design Brent!! :worship:

Ironically, I commented about the cushions around the top of the barricade which probably prevented me from being worse off than I am today. More about this in a minute, I first had to put up with a band from brooklyn that was Pantera junior without the excellent solos. Some liked them. I didn't get much out of it.

Okay, they brought down this movie screen and they proceeded thru all the anthrax cds up until We have come for you all. They did a behind the scenes type thing from the latest press conference, to old interviews, inside the studio where we saw charlie with his old bird's nest 80's hair to scott with his limited hair. They showed a few clips from the married with children episode and more.

The blues brothers started to play.

They played most of what was in Detroit except they replaced gung ho with lone justice, belly of the beast with in my world. They added madhouse.

Joey fucked up during lone justice and the crowd started the chant of Joey fucked up. :Spin: Scott got a good laugh and said "tough crowd!!" :loco:

As for my war wound, i HATE body surfers. That was cool back in 1990, I hate them with a passion. The first one was unexpected and between him falling on me and the bouncer pulling him over me to get him over the barricade,, he fell on me as I was over the barricade causing me to fall directing on my sternum getting a direct hit on top of barricade. Man, it hurts here and there. I survived though.

What was cool as when they were finished, Scott comes up to me without me asking for them and he says or at least I think so as my hearing wasn't good " You rock brother!" and he gave me a couple picks.

Dan was awesome! This was my 96th anthrax gig and he seemed very energetic even for him. Joey was being Joey!! He had the huge headdress during Indians!!

I can't say enough how awesome it was! I see why Chicago has it's reputation.

I got to be like Tom Hanks in the terminal. I got back to the airport at 11pm so I avoided a huge taxi cost but I ended up sleeping on chairs along with a group of 2 older ladies, old guy and their son who missed their connection. There was also a guy on his way back to Peru. We all took up our own chair/bed while the cleaning people did their nightly jobs. o_O

My sore/tired self is back in New Mexico.

I want to say it was awesome to meet all my fellow board members. Thanks thraxx for the dvd along with the cool hoody! Thanks Brent for trying to hook me up for the 2nd night although I wouldn't be able to be there!! :headbang:

Nice post Sean - glad to hear you enjoyed the show - can't wait to see them twice down here in next fortnight or so.

thanks timmyc, I wish I could be downunder and take part in what will hopefully be awesome shows on your part of the world!!! :headbang: I would stay out of the water though. I have heard about how crazy and maneating of late, your silly sharks off your coasts have been. o_O

I think joey will slowly cut down on the amount of times he says that he is stoked that they are all back but yeah, they did it alot in chicago also.

funny moment was when joey fucked up during lone justice. we let him have it with the joey fucked up chants for which scott with a smile said that we were a tough crowd. :Spin:

Cool. They pretty much murdered KIITF and made a nice recovery from "Be all.... But I mean what do ya expect this early on!!?? The show itself was just so entertaining!

tattooedsean666 said:
funny moment was when joey fucked up during lone justice. we let him have it with the joey fucked up chants for which scott with a smile said that we were a tough crowd. :Spin:

Even funnier was the next night when Scott fucked up and the crowd still yelled Joey Fucked Up...of course we eventually broke into a short chant of
'Scott Fucked Up'

it is why I am laughing at those who will refuse to say anything good about this reunion even if they put on the most amazing tour of all kind.

it doesn't take a genius to know they weren't going to be all in sync. It adds to the usual quirkiness which was always an anthrax concert experience.

as I mentioned, I have seen them 96 times, some with joey and some with john. they were always that oddball band in the thrash scene. it was what drew me to their music.

people on this board are acting more uptight than a stereotypical prog metal fan.

tattooedsean666 said:
it is why I am laughing at those who will refuse to say anything good about this reunion even if they put on the most amazing tour of all kind.

it doesn't take a genius to know they weren't going to be all in sync. It adds to the usual quirkiness which was always an anthrax concert experience.

as I mentioned, I have seen them 96 times, some with joey and some with john. they were always that oddball band in the thrash scene. it was what drew me to their music.

thats just what i'm thinking man, i havent been to half the amount of shows you have, but i still have to say that while remaining totally hardcore joey manages to bring more fun to the stage and the music than anybody i've seen.