My Arms, Your Hearse... I'm starting to really dig it.

Recently bought MAYH to replace my original never returned by a friend who "borrowed" it once upon a time. It was never at the top of my O' list, but after listening to the entire album again (especially on headphones), it's definitely amongst my favourites.

And, oh, hello...new here.

haha freinds. always stealing cds or returning them scratched!

hi :wave:

MAYH is my favorite of all Opeth albums, so many great moments and songs..I doubt any other Opeth album will ever replace it as my favorite..but Still Life does come really close:devil:

The acoustic parts in both albums fit so good in all the songs.

On a crappy stereo (and even on most decent stereos) MAYH loses all effects for me because that wall of mud you're talking about is very difficult to decipher. But with a good pair of headphones it's my favorite Opeth album, because there is A LOT going on, and with every listen I pick up something new.

um the first riff in april ethereal is 3 minor chords with distortion... not really A LOT going on..

Recently bought MAYH to replace my original never returned by a friend who "borrowed" it once upon a time. It was never at the top of my O' list, but after listening to the entire album again (especially on headphones), it's definitely amongst my favourites.

And, oh, hello...new here.

Hello!

You've picked a good time to join. These forums used to be really abrasive, but people have been acting nicer recently for some reason.

Not technically difficult, but the harmonies work so well in creating a unique mood.

Sort of gives a feeling that part of a riff is trying to create a happy atmosphere(ie major) and the other half is minor

When is my favourite song of MAYH, I actually liked that album since the first time I've listened to it ,and I love it even more every time I listen to it :D
Orchid is one of Opeth's best albums, but I really still find it hard to listen to it , because it's very heavy or shall I say too dark and depressive?

About a year ago I bought MAYH on cd and listened to it about a dozen times but it didn't really click for me apart from a few moments. However, my friend recently bought it for me on vinyl for my birthday and I spun it and read the lyrics along with it, and I cannot think any higher of this album. Its not my favorite Opeth album, but to me, this album is so unique and powerful its more like a work of art than an album. I feel like it needs to be listened to in its entirety in order to get the full effect. Sure every Opeth album is like that, but this one much more so imo. Bravo Mike!

PS I hate the production on the cd, but on the vinyl it seems much clearer.