My Dream Setlist

Well can't spoil anything cause living DownUnder I'm likely not going to see Redemption live (seen Maiden couple times now so would trade for Redemption anyday)... But I placed my setlist requests with the idea there may just be another DVD yes? Anyway...

Regarding Let It Rain, it's not really a ballad in the true sense of the word is it? I mean Redemption (at least for me) have never been just about headbanging. The atmospheres and emotions are the true drivers for the music and even Let It Rain is chock full of that goodness too, so fer sure I wouldn't be leaving during its performance...

Focus would need be included too as would What Would You Say but thoughts for that one might be similar to that of Let It Rain!?

Cool posting! ;)

I have 10 months to fold, spindle and mutilate my dream set list before PP XIII. Three bands from my bucket list are playing this year: Kingcrow, SymX, and Redemption, but I can honestly say I am most excited about seeing you guys live. I need to start a countdown clock...

Nick, thanks for your input! Its neat to see the "hows and whys" of what goes into creating a good setlist from the artists' point of view.

Speaking of which, since tomorrow IS my birthday (and its not every day you get to turn 42; UGH), maybe a quick one-off show in Dallas may be in order. Or is tomorrow just a tad too soon? :lol:

If putting out a full-fledged live album/DVD, maybe just a "fan-only" release to all of us here/DTF? Just another thought, in yet another attempt to sate my appetite for "alternate takes" of Redemption music. :headbang:

7. The Origins of Ruin
Went over like a lead balloon in London. Unlikely to do this one again.

I thought The Origins of Ruin was a fantastic surprise when you played it. Ballads aren't going to get a big reaction from the crowd but it made the show for me!

Well, let's have some fun. Here's some insight from the horse's mouth.

This is an EXCEEDINGLY hard song to perform for all of us, particularly Ray because this is unrelenting vocally and there is a lot of very high range here. It's not a popular one to discuss at rehearsal.
But that is exactly why Sapphire is my favourite Prog Metal song....

Personally I want to hear all of This Mortal Coil; in order (the album is so much more than the sum of its songs; it takes me on an emotional journey that nothing else manages). Plus Sapphire (before or after, I'm not that picky :) ). After that the band can add their own favourites, so if you still want to open with Threads I'll still have a big grin on my face.

R