my dying bride... where to start?

jester00

Sep 4, 2002
Visit site
im interesting in getting into this band...

however in not sure exactly what to expect.

i downloaded for my fallen angel. and its fucknig depressing and slow!

now i know they are ment to be doom metal or whatever.. but do any of there songs pick up pace?

what album should an opeth fan check out?

Reactions: Schism
Bleh, one of the most over rated bands in history!
As the Flower Withers & Turn Loose the Swans kick ass and also The Dreadful Hours is great. Other than that only songs from the first EP and such.

So true!

Katatonia
October Tide
Throes of Dawn
Void of Silence
Paradise Lost - Gothic
King Crimson - RED
The Knell (on mp3.com)
Asgaut (on mp3.com)

And so on and so on :)

I consider RED to be a mile stone in "doom" music, it's not metal yet (atleast for ME) it has that doom feeling that is caught on albums such as Katatonia - Brave Murder Day and others, I find it as the not-metal equivalent of Opeth - Morningrise, edgy and energetic at times, always moving and almost never keeps on the same pace, ending with a quiet tune that's totally doom in my opinion.
That is all basiclly :)

Erez

Crimson Death said:
I consider RED to be a mile stone in "doom" music, it's not metal yet (atleast for ME) it has that doom feeling that is caught on albums such as Katatonia - Brave Murder Day and others, I find it as the not-metal equivalent of Opeth - Morningrise, edgy and energetic at times, always moving and almost never keeps on the same pace, ending with a quiet tune that's totally doom in my opinion.
That is all basiclly :)

Erez

I've never thought of the album in this light. I've always thought the album to be Wetton's best performance; your description makes sense when I apply it to his playing, very interesting.
headbob.gif

My dying Bride is one band, i wish I could get into, but I just cant. I love "for my fallen angel" and hate pretty much everything else Ive heard from them. I need to get turn loose the swans, but I doubt thatll change my mind. I have the last album that came out and and 34.whatver% complete, and I dont care for either.