My first label release is out!

holy fucking shit.
this sounds totally pro
one of the best mixes i have ever heard in this forum
there's nothing i would change.seriously.
could you give more info on the mix?

Was there any TS involved, Lasse?

From what I recall one mic was around 5dB louder than the other.

Since I wasn't involved in the tracking for anything other than the bass, I can't really say much. All I remember is that the vocals were done with SM7B into Distressor, but I forget which preamp. Drums and Vox were recorded at Pony Music, so it was one of the myriad of good preamps/converters they have there.

Bass was my friend's custom loaded with EMG pickups into the Countryman Type 85, which went into the Millennia and the ADI-8 AE.

I'm actually amazed that some don't like Julz vocals. I love them, honestly. He is probably my favourite local metal vocalist. The intensity he brings to the music, the phrasing, it just takes everything up a notch. Perhaps the vocals were a bit under-produced and that's not conveying the power as much as some might expect.

Addendum: One of my biggest regrets is that midway through this project my Millennia died as I was using it on the lead vocal. It sounded about 30% punchier and more airy before, but I had to revert over to the SSL G Channel. Fortunately the 1176 Rev A kept working and stayed for the final print. Great compressor.

yep, 808-modded TS9 with fairly standard settings.

settings on the 5153 were something like:
gain:3-3.5 (yep, this thing has SHITLOADS of gain)
bass: 7
mid: 3
treb: 5
pres: 8.5

Haha I was actually listening to your EP earlier today, Marcus, and as soon as I heard the tonal balance of your guitars again I thought you might dig these. They're actually not shown off in the best light possible. I used too much processing, but due to the deadline running really close to the mix process we had to just commit and go with it. Lasse did great though. The 5150 III is a good sounding amp.

Hey Ermz, I really dig your vocal processing, it sounds similar to what you did with Untruth, what delay are you using on vox?

Haha I was actually listening to your EP earlier today, Marcus, and as soon as I heard the tonal balance of your guitars again I thought you might dig these. They're actually not shown off in the best light possible. I used too much processing, but due to the deadline running really close to the mix process we had to just commit and go with it. Lasse did great though. The 5150 III is a good sounding amp.

Haha, thanks man, cool to hear you're still diggin' it, and they honestly didn't sound overly processed to me, I really dig the air they have!

@waterboy: Awesome. You're a better man than I, that's for sure.

@Rockchops: It's actually a very different chain to Untruth. For Untruth it was RDesser, SSL E-Channel, IK Fairchild, iZotope Trash and Bootsy saturation. For this it was RDesser, C4 (both set to clean up the tons of sibilance and plosives in the vocal track), Rvox, L1, 1176 A and then the SSL G-channel for the EQ. I think I used Soundtoys Decapitator for the grit. The only thing they share in common is the RDesser, and the Distressor further back in the tracking chain.

@Sickan: It's basically the same thing.

Sounds really cool through myspace, great sound lasse, stellar mix ermin!
is that the final artwork? or just something to put on myspace?

Well thanks for all the kind words guys. I wasn't expecting such a kind reception, given the very critical environment we've established here. Here's to hoping the record is received equally well in the wider world.