My flights are booked! I'm going to Metal Camp in Slovenia!

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Flights booked. Hotel booked. Just need to buy fest tix and rent a car.

Couple of days in London, then flying to Slovenia, getting back to London for a wedding, and then back to NY.

Metal Camp

"Metal Camp"...sounds like some training academy or something. :loco: So, anyone ever been to Tolmin?

fest_area_01.jpg
fest_area_05.jpg
fest_area_06.jpg

:headbang:

That's so awesome. If the timing of my whole trip wasn't in such conflict with responsibilities at work, I'd definitely meet you out there.

Zod

Well, at least you're traveling around western Europe and ending up in Wacken, all for the first time. Not a bad itinerary!

But yeah, if Metal Camp turns out to be a success then it looks like the sort of place where we could get a gathering of folks the following year. Based on how stunning the Soca Valley looks, the fest is icing on the cake (and it's not a bad line up either).

1.jpg

Gotta dig that bullet belt armband, hehehe.

Well, at least you're traveling around western Europe and ending up in Wacken, all for the first time. Not a bad itinerary!

But yeah, if Metal Camp turns out to be a success then it looks like the sort of place where we could get a gathering of folks the following year. Based on how stunning the Soca Valley looks, the fest is icing on the cake (and it's not a bad line up either).

1.jpg

Gotta dig that bullet belt armband, hehehe.

what is that? a glory hole curtain in front of them?

haha, quite honestly I'll probably only be drifting in and out of the fest. I won't mind seeing Immortal, Amon Amarth, and Blind Guardian. It'll be fun seeing Vreid again and maybe checking out Korpiklaani.

Otherwise, this fest site backs onto a private beach.

mc-2006_um_71_gr.jpg

Looks really nice. How much is the whole deal costing you?

From London:

We're taking EasyJet direct to Ljubljani for 80 quid roundtrip.
The fest ticket will cost 77 Euro.
The hotel is 35 Euro per night.
We'll rent a car for 100 Euros.

Obviously if we camped, we'd save hotel and car costs, but you know, I like to have hot showers in the morning and a cup of latte. :tickled:

Seriously... I'm in for 2008.

1.jpg

Greatest picture evar.

Zod

Metal Camp is a great festival, I went a few years back. Slovenia is a really beautiful country all around, take some time to visit more areas around the country if you have time.

Metal Camp is a great festival, I went a few years back. Slovenia is a really beautiful country all around, take some time to visit more areas around the country if you have time.

You've been already? Outstanding. Which year did you go? Yes, we're renting a car just to explore the region. Also, we're not staying in Tolmin (simply because all the hotel is booked) but we're staying in the next town over, Kobarid. The entire valley looks great.