My flights are booked! I'm going to Metal Camp in Slovenia!

You've been already? Outstanding. Which year did you go? Yes, we're renting a car just to explore the region. Also, we're not staying in Tolmin (simply because all the hotel is booked) but we're staying in the next town over, Kobarid. The entire valley looks great.

I was there in 2004, Vintersorg, Hypocrisy, Finntroll, Primal Fear, etc.
I stayed in Ljubljana for many months years back as well and have visited many times since. My uncle and his wife live in the city.

1.jpg

Gotta dig that bullet belt armband, hehehe.

:OMG: Mon dieu...

haha, quite honestly I'll probably only be drifting in and out of the fest. I won't mind seeing Immortal, Amon Amarth, and Blind Guardian. It'll be fun seeing Vreid again and maybe checking out Korpiklaani.

Otherwise, this fest site backs onto a private beach.

mc-2006_um_71_gr.jpg

so i take it the age of consent in slovenia is significantly lower then? :Smug: :loco:

DISMEMBER are playing Metal Camp. I've heard some parts of Where Iron Crosses Grow, and bits of Everflowing Stream. That said, I've never really paid too much attention but what I did hear was pretty impressive.

Any thoughts of what might be the quintessential Dismember album?

Program's looking good so far...

Amon Amarth
Immortal
Sodom
Unleashed
Dismember
Ensiferum
Disillusion
Vreid

Others...do I need to spend any time with Korpiklaani, Eluveitie, The Vision Bleak, or Graveworm?

I'll be nice and elaborate a bit.

Korpiklaani - Really 'fun' folk metal that just calls for dancing and lots of ale drinking.

Eluveitie - Kinda meh debut EP, but their Full Length was better, but its like... your typical swedish metal with a bunch of folk players going on at the same time. Might be an interesting watch for the fact that they have a hot Hurdy Gurdy player:

1026231508_l.jpg

The Vision Bleak - BOOOOORING typical gothic metal. You won't miss much.

Graveworm - They were really awesome from their debut, but they've gotten a little worse (and a whole lot more melodic) as they've gone along. Despite the downhill trend, people I know who have seen them said they were pretty good. So I'd say see them if you have nothing better to do while they're on. Actually, if you enjoyed Vesperian Sorrow at all at HC2, you will probably enjoy Graveworm.

I can't believe the Empyrium folks ended up doing The Vision Bleak. I've never heard their stuff, but then I've never heard anyone ever say a kind word about them, so I just naturally avoided the debacle in fear that it might detract from my Empyrium man-boy love.

Korpiklaani kicks ass! I haven't heard anything since their debut a few years ago, but I used to love that one!

Wooden Pints is a a top-notch drinking tune :kickass:

He is. Check out these tracks:

Override of the overture
In death's sleep
Dreaming in red (so fucking great)
On frozen fields
Casket garden
Misanthropic
Patrol 17
Tragedy of the faithful

Yep that's the big four, but really every song on Like and Ever Flowing Stream rules, but it's way to hit and miss with the other stuff, so I don't really bother.

Although their new one is pretty good.

Thanks for the song tips.

What do you guys think of the production on "Everflowing Stream"? I seem to remember it having a very thin/tinny/quiet sounding production, but then again, it could have been a poor CD-R copy somehow. Do you guys have an original?

What took me a while to get into it was how the drums seemed to be way in the front, but then eventually you tune that out and focus on the great riffing.

Dismember - Dismembered is probably my favorite song by them though.

Like an everflowing stream has a fat and great production. It is perhaps the best example of the "sunlight" studio sound. Just listen to the best guitar sound ever.