My flights are booked! I'm going to Metal Camp in Slovenia!

FYI...

Swedish metallers AMON AMARTH have been forced to cancel their appearance at the Metalcamp 2007 festival (set to take place July 16-21, 2007 in Tolmin, Slovenia) due to their participation in this summer's Sounds of the Underground tour.

Regarding the upcoming SOTU dates, AMON AMARTH writes in a statement, "This is the first time for AMON AMARTH to play a summer festival tour in North America and we're looking forward to it as it will be a new experience for us."

What is up with people cancelling festival appearances because they get a better offer? It seems to have happened to a few different festivals this year. Bands need to honour their commitments.

And going to a festival and not camping? Poor form!

Forgot to add ":loco:" to signify the massive sarcasm intended.

Hahahha it only made it all the more funny...trust me.

I went to their website, and their logo thing came up and then that loud explosion noise happened while I was listening to Paysage D'hivers Dei Zeit des Torremund (a soft song) and scared the SHIT out of me. I actually repelled backwards at the pure impact of it coming out of my speakers (which were turned up rather loud) and didn't realize what it was since I'd minimized the window to the website. I thought my computer was exploding or something. :erk:

Anyway, it's a cult---------don't do it!

I don't think I'll be seeing any of the headliners at metal camp since I leave on Friday morning...but who knows, they STILL don't have a roster sorted out.

I don't think I'll be seeing any of the headliners at metal camp since I leave on Friday morning...but who knows, they STILL don't have a roster sorted out.

At least they have a location sorted out - unlike that fest that was supposed to take place in a club, er, forest. :loco:

hahhahahahhah

I remember hearing about that from the beginning, then seeing who was organizing it, then thinking: "Oak Knoll... Yeah, that's going to be a majestic failure..."

Never trust anyone asking for paypal donations on their site for their non-nonprofit organization.

MajestikMøøse;6120944 said:
hahhahahahhah

I remember hearing about that from the beginning, then seeing who was organizing it, then thinking: "Oak Knoll... Yeah, that's going to be a majestic failure..."

Never trust anyone asking for paypal donations on their site for their non-nonprofit organization.

I never heard from anyone that actually made it to that show after it had been moved, like, 4 times. Did it ever even happen? It was an ambitious undetaking to be sure, but it was doomed to fail.

I'm leaving tomorrow by the way.

Vreid will rule. Disillusion better focus on "Times of Splendor". Sepultura might be worth a shot live. Maybe not. I'm really keen to see Korpiklaani live.

But Satyricon back-to-back with Kreator will be the absolute highlight. That is a 1-2 knockout if I ever saw one.

But Satyricon back-to-back with Kreator will be the absolute highlight. That is a 1-2 knockout if I ever saw one.

:devil: *Jealous*

Have a great time man - that should be awesome.

Though Iced Earth and Immortal headlining on consecutive nights at Wacken is certainly no slouch. :kickass: :kickass:

I also wish Amman all the very best in the world - he is missed and I'm big time happy for him.

Jason