My recent purchases

rainmaker_2413

Shadow I am
Sep 23, 2006
Threshold-Hypothetical
Cloudscape-Cloudscape
Enchant-Juggling 9 or dropping 10
Nightingale-Invisible

So what should I expect, I enjoy the bands but haven't heard much off of these albums. Opinions, comments, anything is appreciated.

Everyone talks about Threshold's Hypothetical. I thought it'd be the CD that'd finally get me into them....

I was wrong. I tried and I tried and I tried. I absolutely can't get into them. It's a shame, I know, but... not for me.

Cloudscape's is great. Nightingale is a great band, good album! Haven't heard any Enchant, so I'm not sure...

If you're feeling saucy I'd say go out and try to get Nightingale's first album, The Breathing Shadow. NOTHiNG like their last few releases, Dan was one manning it on that release. It's a truly authentic gothic metal release in the best sense of the word. Not frowny faced pale goth but true oppressive atmospheres and haunting melodies. It's not something I play everyday but after having it for several years it finds its way into my ears more than alot of other releases out there.

Sounds to me like you've definitely picked some "winners"...truly (and, I guess, arguably) some of the best of the respective bands that you've forked over your cash for.

For the record, people hold either Threshold's "Hypothetical" or "Critical Mass" as their best. Cloudscape's self-titled is a great pick. A lot of people hold up Enchant's "Juggling 9" as a top-prog album for the genre (let alone the band), and (for my money), all Nightingale albums are totally worth the $$$.

Also, if you're not familiar with FK, Organic is definitely a good place to start. If you dig that, I would recommend working your way back through the FK catalog from there.

Good job...hope you enjoy!

Rock on!

Sounds to me like you've definitely picked some "winners"...truly (and, I guess, arguably) some of the best of the respective bands that you've forked over your cash for.

For the record, people hold either Threshold's "Hypothetical" or "Critical Mass" as their best. Cloudscape's self-titled is a great pick. A lot of people hold up Enchant's "Juggling 9" as a top-prog album for the genre (let alone the band), and (for my money), all Nightingale albums are totally worth the $$$.

Also, if you're not familiar with FK, Organic is definitely a good place to start. If you dig that, I would recommend working your way back through the FK catalog from there.

Good job...hope you enjoy!

Rock on!

About once every month I'll try make an order like this. I own Thresholds Critical Mass and love it. Cloudscape is rather new to me...I've heard a few samples and it was $6 at Lasers Edge so I figured...why not? Enchant is another band I've just really gotten into and I really like them alot. The Nightingale album is my first from them. I've been a huge fan of Edge of Sanity for awhile so I figured I would give Dan's other band a chance..what I've heard so far is great stuff. And for Freak Kitchen...all I've heard is a few songs here and there on myspace and such and I really enjoyed it, especially some of the guitar work, really looking forward to seeing them at the Showcase this year.