My relationship is over, so is my band

I believe that every experience in life results in something positive in the end... and by positive I don't necessarily mean something that will make you happy, but it will certainly aid you in life. I think you will realize the same once you're through all of this... hang in there man.

Sorry to hear that man...

Being in such a situation, it only seems like a matter of time when things get nasty.

There's a reason why we don't allow attractive people in our band...

And btw, where is Sloan? Seems like his electrocution project was successful. :lol:

Hahaha, yeah, I think he's probably just in one of his phases of not being able to afford internet (or power :lol: )

Ah man that's tough, bro. Hang in there, and as many have said before, WRITE and RECORD! You may find some sort of inspiration from all of this and maybe write some of the best music of your life! Don't let it slip past you!

On a side note, how is your relationship with the rest of the band? Would it be possible to salvage at least some sort of musical collaboration between you and some other members under a new name?

our second guitarist is my best friend. he really wants to make music with me and can't understand why my ex-girlfriend acted like she did. I don't know if he's considering leavin the band with me. If she has any respect for me she will leave. I think we could make another band that way.

CHUG A 2 LITER OF MOUNTAIN DEW
CRANK UP THE RIFFZ
- Sloan

Best advice on this forum I've ever received.

hahahahha, best advice ever!

but i don't think we get Mountain dew in Europe...or maybe just in England.

also, dude.. this sucks. i look forward to hearing your newer tunes though, they should be killer as always!

our second guitarist is my best friend. he really wants to make music with me and can't understand why my ex-girlfriend acted like she did. I don't know if he's considering leavin the band with me. If she has any respect for me she will leave. I think we could make another band that way.

I would hope my best friend would do what's right. That being said, maybe you guys should kick her out if she doesn't go on her own?

I know, I didn't feel inclined to find it though, that was just off the dome; but I have that on my mind all the time when I get depressed. I just remember those words and I feel a bit better.

I must admit that I was worried for you when you first talked about the band/girl relationship on the board months ago.

Ouch. That sucks dude. Now take that pain & go write something amazing.

that's my biggest regret.... few years after I really did not care that it was over and all. I was more dissapointed that nothing musical came out of it. altough I did pratice hours a day. but like Mr Vai said, don't write only sad or angry stuff. 'cause it will make even more of a sad or angry person.

and have fun. I am sure there are a lot of things you now can do because you're single. get drunk and score any girl passing by.

DUDE.
IF YOUR FEELIN' DOWN AND OUT - CRANK UP THE FUCKING RIFFZ.

FUCK THE NEIGHBORS. FUCK THE PARENTS/ROOMATES. FUCK THE WORLD.

1. CHUG AT LEAST A 2-LITER OF MOUNTAIN DEW.
2. MAX VOLUME THAT SHIT & JAM ALONG AND SEND THAT DEPRESSIVE BULLSHIT TO HELL'S ASSHOLE.
3. PARTY.

+1111111111111111

Think of it as experience! I had a pretty hard break up 2 years ago with a girl that I was with for 2,5 years and it took over a year to get over her. I didn't speak to her for over a year cause I was so fucked up about it and angry. Give it time! BUT I don't regret the relationship we had, was some of the best time I've had in my life. Still after 2 years I find myself comparing all the girls I meet to her. Still I've been in love after that.

My advice to you now: Fuck random girls and have some light relationships with a few girls, make 'em know that you just wanna have fun for a while... Then when you feel like it's time to let love again, open yourself up if you find a nice girl. No need to shell yourself for the sake of not getting hurt again. It sucks. Better to have loved and lost than not loved at all.

Sorry about the extremely useless post haha :loco:

Fucked up situations demand fucked up reactions:
Get together with the whole band and ask the rest of those guys, what they prefer. You? Girl? Breaking Up?

As you said, your other guitar player is your best friend, so ... chances are, that the band survives.
Bands to me are a living, breathing thing ... with good memories ... with bad memories. You just HAVE to try to rescue it!

Bands to me are a living, breathing thing ... with good memories ... with bad memories. You just HAVE to try to rescue it!

Agreed! Although sometimes it's better to just move on to new and fresh things. I also got in a fucked up situation with one guitar player 2 years back(cause he started dating my gf like 2 days after we broke up...). We played in 2 same bands and I just left both of them. Couldn't be more happy about quitting the bands. SOO much better bands to play with and do stuff with. It was hard but rewarding!