My Solo (New Age/Flamenco) CD... completed

Dave - Power of Omens

some guitar player
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
powerofomens.com
I just wanted to post a quick note about my solo CD....

The disc is complete, and the title of the CD will be:
"Mis Recuerdos"

Aside from working on the new Power of Omens disc, I'm also in the middle of mixing this CD as well. Once that is complete, I will have it mastered and sent off to have it pressed.

If you're interested in hearing what the disc will sound like, I have a few demo sound clips up on my personal site:
www.davidgallegos.com

Originally I was going to seek a label to release it, but in the end decided to self-release it myself. The CD will be available through my website for now (until I can land some distribution for it). If anyone is interested in pre-ordering the disc, please contact me for more info:
[EMAIL="dave@powerofomens.com"]
dave@powerofomens.com
[/email]

Thanks!!!
~D

You need to do something like that Flametal guy next, Dave..that's some cool stuff, & I know you could do it just as well, if not better :)

Had no idea you were working on that DG but good luck with it! I'm looking forward to hearing some!

The self-release thing is not for the faint of heart but I guarantee you that you get back what you put in, whether it be financially or in terms of personal satisfaction. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new!

Chris

hey Dave, I love your solo material. It is awesome. I have not been around for awhile. I had my computer go kabloowee on me. I have a couple of friends who would really dig this stuff, so I will pass on the link.

Chris Brooks said:
Had no idea you were working on that DG but good luck with it! I'm looking forward to hearing some!

The self-release thing is not for the faint of heart but I guarantee you that you get back what you put in, whether it be financially or in terms of personal satisfaction. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new!

Chris
Heya Chris,

Thanks so much man!!! Glad you're looking forward to it. :)
If all goes well, it shouldn't be much longer. As much of a pain in the ass it is to do self-releases, I'm really looking forward to getting this one out. For this one, I think the personal satisfaction is mostly what I'm seeking at this point... and of all people, I know you know that one first hand!!! :cool: You've put out some incredible music that I'm sure you're extremely proud of!!! I for one feel absolutely honored just to have you on our forum!!! :worship:

~D

nckissfan said:
hey Dave, I love your solo material. It is awesome. I have not been around for awhile. I had my computer go kabloowee on me. I have a couple of friends who would really dig this stuff, so I will pass on the link.
Thanks man!!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the sounclips on my site. :)
... and thanks so much for helping to pass my music along!!! I really don't know what I would do without you all!!! :Spin:
It's too bad about your PC.. I've had the same problems before and I know what kind of pain in the ass it could be. Hope everything is back to normal for you now. :D

~D

Hey Dave, its me, the guy you met at Robbs Showcase (we hung out for about an hour, you signed my CD and stuff). Its been awhile so I thought I should remind you :lol: :)

Dude I had no idea that you were putting out a solo CD. I love the clips and love acoustic guitar all together; so chalk me up as another guy who would love to buy this CD. I was lookign for some info on the CD cause I was wondering, is it all instrumental, whats the expected release, and a whole bunch of other stuff I wanted to ask.

Im also looking forward to the new PoO release and cant wait to see you guys live!! Hopefully we can meet up again at one of the shows, another show, or something. Itd be cool to talk to you again!

Cheers!

Poison Godmachine said:
it seems like the links to the sound clips are broken :(
I am sooo sorry that I have not posted sooner... I've been on a somewhat extended leave from the net over the last several weeks. Anyway, I apologize that the links did not work for you... I've had a few people tell me that, but it's usually because they use a browser other than IE6... I will have that fixed by re-doing both websites as soon as time permits. Until then, here are the sound clips from the new solo CD:

http://www.davidgallegos.com/MP3s/Another_White_Day.mp3

http://www.davidgallegos.com/MP3s/Lagrimas_Del_Cielo.mp3

http://www.davidgallegos.com/MP3s/Lost_to_Your_Passion.mp3

http://www.davidgallegos.com/MP3s/Remembering_the_Past.mp3

http://www.davidgallegos.com/MP3s/Diga_Me.mp3

I hope you enjoy them!!!! :cool:

~D

Vertigo said:
Hey Dave, its me, the guy you met at Robbs Showcase (we hung out for about an hour, you signed my CD and stuff). Its been awhile so I thought I should remind you :lol: :)

Dude I had no idea that you were putting out a solo CD. I love the clips and love acoustic guitar all together; so chalk me up as another guy who would love to buy this CD. I was lookign for some info on the CD cause I was wondering, is it all instrumental, whats the expected release, and a whole bunch of other stuff I wanted to ask.

Im also looking forward to the new PoO release and cant wait to see you guys live!! Hopefully we can meet up again at one of the shows, another show, or something. Itd be cool to talk to you again!

Cheers!
Of course I remember you... heheh Well, it's good to hear that you're also interested in the CD... shoot me an e-mail with all your questions, and I'll be happy to answer all the stuff you wanted to ask. :)

As for the release, I should be releasing a short run pretty soon... since I'm planning on financing this myself, I plan on pressing about an intial 100 CDs, then allowing the profits from those sales to finance the bigger pressing. So far, I've been lucky enough to get a great response on this disc from so many people that I don't think it will take long to go through the initial 100. As soon as I have them, I will post it right here on this board. I also have a list of people interested in it through e-mails I've received that I will let know through mass e-mail... so if you wanna be on that list.... shoot me an e-mail and I'll add ya. :)

~D

Theater of Omens said:
the samples sound amazing david. you are one heck of a talented guitarist ::cough fav guitarist cough::
Thanks so much for the very cool compliment!!!! :) I can never get used to those...LOL!!! :lol:

~D