My Week

Wheezer

Apr 18, 2005
Colorado
What a week it's been. I got one of *those* calls from my parents early Sunday morning. Some young girl got liquored up with her boyfriend and decided to park her car in my parents' living room and kitchen. As you might imagine, they were pretty upset so I've been down at their house since Sunday afternoon helping them sort through things.

They had just finished remodeling the kitchen about a year ago and in an instant it was destroyed. Basically every appliance is damaged beyond repair. They had just put new windows in throughout the house. The front picture window is completely gone. My grandparents' hand crank Victrola and 78s and my grandmother's pedal sewing machine were completely destroyed. They cannot be replaced.

So that's what's lessened my consistency this week. It's good to be back and getting back to normal. :D

ZoMb!M@N said:
Are these fucking punks being punished at least?

That remains to be seen. You know how slow the courts are. She was out and running around that afternoon. Her parents live across the street from my parents. Her, the boyfriend and one of her friends showed up for a bit and then the friend flipped us off as they were driving away.

Thats insane dude!! I am sure that you guys will get justice ... granted any punishment those kids will get wont replace irreplaceable Items ... yaknow what I say... Bring on Prohibition ... Alcohol is nothing but trouble especially when in the hands of young ppl ... Best of luck to your parents I would have definately *Thought* about shooting those kids

Wheezer said:
the boyfriend and one of her friends showed up for a bit and then the friend flipped us off as they were driving away.

The fucking Nerve of those Kids!!! they need their fucking asses kicked or taken behind the woodshed Bent over a stump and Fucked with an Axe Handle!!!

Brent,

I know this isn't anything you didn't know but those antiques are just "things" and they are not "easily" replaced... but they can be replaced. Thank God that nothing physically happened to your parents! No replacements there!

Piss on those punks! I wish they would raise the driving law to like 18 or more... My 16 year old daughter is now driving and it scares the living shit outta me. The responsibility level is just not there. One good thing is that she hasn't discovered the evil alcohol yet... that I know of!

Welcome back bud!

aoh man that sucks!! I do hope everything works out with the insurance adjuster, and that those kids get a bit more than some probation and a fine. A good ass whipping and make them walk from now on!

JonnyD said:
Thats insane dude!! I am sure that you guys will get justice ... granted any punishment those kids will get wont replace irreplaceable Items ... yaknow what I say... Bring on Prohibition ... Alcohol is nothing but trouble especially when in the hands of young ppl ... Best of luck to your parents I would have definately *Thought* about shooting those kids

Right now my Dad's counting on justice -- he's holding onto that and it's part of what's carrying him through right now. I'm sceptical and I'm afraid if it doesn't happen that it'll be another little piece that gets torn out of him.

When her friend flipped us off I was standing next to a pile of 2 X 4s that used to be a wall. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about laying one upside his head. If they would have had the balls to turn around and come back it would have been so fucking on.

Thanks for the good thoughts man. Right now I'm so pissed off that I hate just about everything and everybody. Just getting it out in the open is helping ratchet that down a few notches.

Narcosynthesys68 said:
Brent,

I know this isn't anything you didn't know but those antiques are just "things" and they are not "easily" replaced... but they can be replaced. Thank God that nothing physically happened to your parents! No replacements there!

Oh absolutely! There's some memories that go along with each one of those pieces that make it more difficult right now but that'll soften with time. Physically, yes, they are OK but mentally they're not and that's got me a little worried. They're grieving, sort of, I guess.

Narcosynthesys68 said:
Piss on those punks! I wish they would raise the driving law to like 18 or more... My 16 year old daughter is now driving and it scares the living shit outta me. The responsibility level is just not there. One good thing is that she hasn't discovered the evil alcohol yet... that I know of!

Welcome back bud!

My oldest niece is the same age as the girl that did this and she's a bit of a lead foot. Her younger sister is on her learner's permit now. I guess she's doing ok. Although she did "borrow" a vehicle when she was 13 to drive to the store and back. It is scary. Kids want to "grow up" too early these days.

Thanks for the good thoughts and the welcome back. :wave:

kittybeast said:
aoh man that sucks!! I do hope everything works out with the insurance adjuster, and that those kids get a bit more than some probation and a fine. A good ass whipping and make them walk from now on!

The insurance has been about normal so far. The cool thing is that the adjuster knows the contractor that's going to do the work and the contractor is my Dad's cousin. That should make it easier. :Smug:

Wheezer said:
Right now my Dad's counting on justice -- he's holding onto that and it's part of what's carrying him through right now. I'm sceptical and I'm afraid if it doesn't happen that it'll be another little piece that gets torn out of him.

When her friend flipped us off I was standing next to a pile of 2 X 4s that used to be a wall. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about laying one upside his head. If they would have had the balls to turn around and come back it would have been so fucking on.

Thanks for the good thoughts man. Right now I'm so pissed off that I hate just about everything and everybody. Just getting it out in the open is helping ratchet that down a few notches.

Well just be glad nobody got hurt! ... I'm sure its gonna take a while for ma and dad to feel secure in their own hme for a while ... I do hope you guys can nail those kids and maybe even their parents Best of Luck!!!

Wheezer said:
The insurance has been about normal so far. The cool thing is that the adjuster knows the contractor that's going to do the work and the contractor is my Dad's cousin. That should make it easier.
dozey.gif

:lol: sounds like Vermont

:OMG: and I thought I was having a run of bad luck lately... at least all in the house are well! Yikes! What a freak show some teenagers can be :yell: I hope they get punished severely! I MEAN SEVERELY... so that they think twice about pulling another one like that!

JonnyD said:
:lol: sounds like Vermont

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dude! It's a big valley tucked away in the mountains. What would you expect? Hell, *I'm* related to half the population. But let's wait until Bryant shows up before anybody starts in with inbreeding jokes. :D

Gee guys reading all that makes me shiver. It's not that an older person can't get drunk (we have those by the pound), but I'm still don't cope with the USA system of letting people under 18 to have a car license (although that if she got drunk she was over 21 theoretically, isn't it?)

In anycase, put the kids on probation, take their license away for 5 years minimal, and charge their parents economically for all the mishap.

Wheezer said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dude! It's a big valley tucked away in the mountains. What would you expect? Hell, *I'm* related to half the population. But let's wait until Bryant shows up before anybody starts in with inbreeding jokes. :D

LMAO!!!! hahahah a :lol: :lol: thats all the town I live in is a Small Vally tucked between Mountains ... But hey all jokes aside theres nothing like Mountain Livin is there!?!

Wyvern said:
Gee guys reading all that makes me shiver. It's not that an older person can't get drunk (we have those by the pound), but I'm still don't cope with the USA system of letting people under 18 to have a car license (although that if she got drunk she was over 21 theoretically, isn't it?)

Theoretically, yes, realistically no. She's 18. Funny you should mention it but there is a fairly significant push to raise the driving age here in Colorado. What they've done instead is effectively lower the age. They must have their learner's permit for a year before they can get their license (they can start driving on their 15th birthday). Back when I got mine it was 3 months for the permit. What they are after, I believe, is an increase in supervised drving. The permit only allows them to drive with a licensed adult.

Wyvern said:
In anycase, put the kids on probation, take their license away for 5 years minimal, and charge their parents economically for all the mishap.

The parents will pay in higher insurance rates. That's if they decide to keep insuring her. She will lose her license for a year. That's minimum for a DUI. The minimum jail time is 10 days but that can be waived if she takes an alcohol education class (whatever the hell they call it).

JonnyD said:
But hey all jokes aside theres nothing like Mountain Livin is there!?!

Nothing at all like it. :headbang: My home town isn't really in the mountains. The valley itself is 8,000 square miles (just 1250 square miles less than Vermont :D ) but the mountains are only about 50 miles away in any direction. We did a lot of camping when I was a youngster so I did get a little taste of mountain living.