Nationality...

Tyra said:
Yeah, I dunno what to call it - I just know that my ass is a whole lot warmer (not necessarily hotter, unfortunately) than it was ten years ago when we first moved here. Mind you, the archaeologist in me is fully aware of how many "hot spells" and "cold spells" this planet has been through in at least the last 40 000 or so years, and how huge the impact of each one of those has been in terms of propelling human cultural development one way or the other.
And I'm with you - I just want to move somewhere that's not so damn hot. Like the Yukon.

i used to have white xmas at my granny´s place and nowadays you can only get dirty semi frozen water, so, i´m afraid soon you should get ready to use freezers as chairs or your ass is going to be a lot worse...not to mention mine several km southern...

NovembersDirge said:
I'm from the USA. I, too, would like to live in Sweden. It has less to do with metal and more to do with education, health care, and all those other things you pampered little brats get that I have to go in debt for. ;)

WE also give away more than half of our hard earned incomes for shit we (or at least I) don't use so a bunch of free-riders from all around the world can do nothing + work black. How's that for being a brat?

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
WE also give away more than half of our hard earned incomes for shit we (or at least I) don't use so a bunch of free-riders from all around the world can do nothing + work black. How's that for being a brat?

come on...nordic countries are really nice man..i would already have moved there if you spoke something that i could learn ( sorry, i bought myself a course of finnish, because i really like the language...but i cant,definitely cant, havent tried with swedish or norwegian, but my brain is not cooperating at all..).

You have nice countries, people seem polite, and you have great education system, equality( i guess) amonsgt men and women, respect for the environment...hell yeah, i would go, dont care about winter time..here is not much nicer( raining all the time), our wages are shit, unemployment is high and we pay lots on taxes as well,money that some others are using without care..

Hi metalheads im cuban live in miami fl love metal .death/black some thrash metal too. my english is awful sorry for my grammar and spelling ,you know i dropped out early kinda tard. lol but im still around these places for metal sake i salute you. what else can i say slay oN

Ikki said:
come on...nordic countries are really nice man..i would already have moved there if you spoke something that i could learn ( sorry, i bought myself a course of finnish, because i really like the language...but i cant,definitely cant, havent tried with swedish or norwegian, but my brain is not cooperating at all..).

You have nice countries, people seem polite, and you have great education system, equality( i guess) amonsgt men and women, respect for the environment...hell yeah, i would go, dont care about winter time..here is not much nicer( raining all the time), our wages are shit, unemployment is high and we pay lots on taxes as well,money that some others are using without care..

Too bad the beer is fuckin expensive...

Ahh, Tyra, you're making me miss BC... my mom lives out there, I haven't been in 3 years now. I live in Toronto, it gets damn hot here. Do you get much snow where you are? I know my mom hasn't shovelled a driveway since she left Ontario 7 years ago.

Speaking of Nationality - and this really doesn't have anything to do with AA, but I hope someone answers anyway - oh, and Hi. New to the forums - Anyway, does anyone know where I can figure out MY nationality? I heard I was from like Ireland and Scotland, but who knows... And also, yeah Sweden sounds much nicer then the US.

:headbang:

OdenOnMySide said:
I heard I was from like Ireland and Scotland, but who knows... And also, yeah Sweden sounds much nicer then the US.

Joe redneck will tell you that you are of american nationality, and your heritage is irish and scottish ... don't get nationality and heritage mixed up.
And if yourself you don't know then I don't know how we can help you.

But yeah, thanks for the great input to this thread !!!

OdenOnMySide said:
Speaking of Nationality - and this really doesn't have anything to do with AA, but I hope someone answers anyway - oh, and Hi. New to the forums - Anyway, does anyone know where I can figure out MY nationality? I heard I was from like Ireland and Scotland, but who knows... And also, yeah Sweden sounds much nicer then the US.

:headbang:

Dude, go to your local passport provider and they'll tell you what your nationality is. Judging from how you posed the question, it'll probably say "United States of America", cuz y'all are the only people in this world who can still walk around and not know the difference between nationality and heritage.

Now, if you wanted to know what your HERITAGE is, try http://www.rootsweb.com/

haha..
yeah its weird how americans always think we mean heritage when we say nationality.
your nationality is american.

Tyra said:
...and not so good. Mind you, it's better than Molson No-Longer-Canadian...

The rise of Swedish micro brewers is great though :)
They most often make and sell the most excellent beers.

Especially since I moved to Gothenburg where you can actually find bars that serve the stuff :D

According to ratebeer the second best beer in the world is from Sweden, and I've tried it :D

http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Ratings-Top50.asp

Yeah, well, I am Canadian, but I do live in North America, which means I am North American, just like any US citizen. I am not a citizen of the United States, and for some reason, in the English language, those are the only people currently referred to as "Americans". If you send a letter from Sweden, let's say, to "America" it most likely won't get to the US though, because as far as the rest of the world is concerned, America is a continent, not a country.
What the crux of the problem is, I think, is that there is no rule for how long a person has to be a citizen of a country, such as Canada, before the other citizens of that same country decide to call him or her Canadian. We've people here who are fifth generation Canadian citizens, but because they have a different skin colour, they are not called Canadian. This leaves people like you, Señor Cubaño, and myself, in limbo. The Swedes don't think I am Swedish, and the Canadians don't call me Canadian. I guess I am just an Earthling.

too bad Tyra .i am so damn white like you .90% of cuban looks like spaniars and i live in Miami fl since 1990.im american citizen .i rather be called cuban american.it's Cubano by the way .you are Canadian or American depends the way you like it.high five.Tyra be proud.

Tyra said:
Yeah, well, I am Canadian, but I do live in North America, which means I am North American, just like any US citizen. I am not a citizen of the United States, and for some reason, in the English language, those are the only people currently referred to as "Americans". If you send a letter from Sweden, let's say, to "America" it most likely won't get to the US though, because as far as the rest of the world is concerned, America is a continent, not a country.
What the crux of the problem is, I think, is that there is no rule for how long a person has to be a citizen of a country, such as Canada, before the other citizens of that same country decide to call him or her Canadian. We've people here who are fifth generation Canadian citizens, but because they have a different skin colour, they are not called Canadian. This leaves people like you, Señor Cubaño, and myself, in limbo. The Swedes don't think I am Swedish, and the Canadians don't call me Canadian. I guess I am just an Earthling.

so..you are Tyra, the canadian-swede or the swede-canadian...you are whatever you want to be...but i guess that if you were born in sweden you are swedish, why the swedish people do not think you are swedish,just because you dont live in sweden, then what about the people that have been living in sweden for ten years but were born in Morocco,are they swedish,are more swedish than you???dont think so..

Señor Cubano, as far as i can guess is not in Limbo, he is cuban living in Florida, if his kids or yours are born in USA or Canada then they would be( or are) canadians or usa citizens( big question arises here..how exactly are people from the states supposed to be called "americans"??? i always called them people from the states although i know it´s not acurrate)....hey..good question,how are they supposed to be called,in spanish we would say north americans but that´s innacurate as well, so if anyone knows...please...fulfill that blank space on my brain..

darkkiuban said:
norteAmericanos or cubans borns centroAmericanos.did i fill you.?

what?..i´m afraid i dont understand that..My question is how are we supposed to called naturally born in the USA people, as we tend to called them north americans, but canadians are also north americans,and...i´m not sure if Mexico and greenland fit into that..anyway, if USA where the only country in the north area,then Ok,no prob, but they are not,so how are they supposed to be called???

On the other hand, if you were born in cuba, you are a cuban living wherever you like, if you were born in the states you would be an american with cuban heritage(if your paents wehre from there) living again where you want...that´s how i see it..