Nationality...

Erzebeth,
-Oui, Vinland is refering to the Maritimes, at least if you are Canadian, but since you're Quebecois, you can decide for yourself... ;-)

-Oui, AA is Swedish

- Non, you ne pas want to hear mon frère sing in Swedish, or in any other language either for that matter. Stick to the growling. Trust me, I've heard him sing. He does that when he's drunk.

- Bon chance with learning Swedish. You'll need it, as it is a very difficult language to learn. It'll be much easier if you can actually live there for a while. You'll need more than luck, though, if you want to get past the Swedish immigration system!

Erzebeth,
-Oui, Vinland is refering to the Maritimes, at least if you are Canadian, but since you're Quebecois, you can decide for yourself... ;-)

-Oui, AA is Swedish

- Non, you ne pas want to hear mon frère sing in Swedish, or in any other language either for that matter. Stick to the growling. Trust me, I've heard him sing. He does that when he's drunk.

- Bon chance with learning Swedish. You'll need it, as it is a very difficult language to learn. It'll be much easier if you can actually live there for a while. You'll need more than luck, though, if you want to get past the Swedish immigration system!

Thank you for answering me Tyra :)
you know a bit of french its great ^^
Ive started a bit, found website french/swedish translation and other things of the like -> step by step swedish courses.
but you know, its not that difficult yet. i understand pretty much how the language works. Its very near of elvish, its similar in someways to french and im pretty good in english. (i learned english via elvish you know : there had nothing french/elvish, only english/elvish, so i always had to translate french to english than to elvish, i learned much doing that, and i do pretty much the same thing with swedish.) and while swedish is of most part derived old norse, german, english and french, i think ill be able to work this out, knowing 2 out of 4 languages lol. Thank you though for your good luck, i accept it gladly ^^

lol I dont know about your brother Tyra, but Vintersorg have a magnificent voice. and yea if he sings when hes drunk.. lol
and talking about immigration, i have an ace in my game : i have canadian and french nationality. my grandfather comes from France so i can have the nationality from him. With the europeen union or whatever it is called in english, it facilitate much things :)

If i´m not wrong with LOTR elvish language i read somewhere that the language was used by using nordic words but using romance grammar...anyway..good luck if you try with finnish...my fave language but couldnt advance from the 3 page of my "learn yourself" book...love the sound though...

Finnish is totally another root away from Swedish, Norwegian, Icelandic and Dannish languages that comes from Old Norse mainly. Finnish etymology is from hebraic languages i think, even if there is a strong influence of Swedish. But yes, indeed, Finnish is also a very beautiful language. i saw Apocalyptica once last year i think and when the lead cello was talking to the crowd, he was speaking with his strong finnish accent in english - couldnt understand a word. but DAMN it was SO BEAUTIFUL, i was falling down my chair drooling... and more lol

Tolkien was first a linguist (languist?). he created languages and for his languages he created a mythology : Silmarillon. then came LOTR etc
As a linguist, he had to study the complexion of every languages, how the sentences are organized around the meaning they are supposed to give. The main source of Qenya (im dont know much about Sindarin, my bad) is a 12th century swedish language that it seems very few (very old) ppl still talk in deep Sweden or something like that. thats what ive heard from a friend and thats what i red from an serious article. With that influence of old swedish, he picked what he liked i guess from the construction of some languages. diphtons (whatever it is spelled) from german, neutral gender for every words from english, etc. there he took details from every languages and formed his, Qenya.

anyway, ill go sleep now, just came home from my first exhibition and im soooo tired >< all night i was singing
Hermod:]
I am bound to bring him back with me!
The whole world mourns his death!
Please ..
Give him back his friend!
[Hel:]
If its true, what you say to me
That the whole world mourns his death
If the whole world .. we'll give him back his life!
:headbang:

:lol:

I hate the area that im living in. Flat ass Cornland USA

:OMG: you hate your area?!!?!?! what about me? living in a totally stupid and literaly uncultured society where everyone is a dumbassed bloody fucked christian idiotic serpant junkie:zombie: :Smokin: o_O .... you want to see all the christian values taking place ?? you would like what is really social shit?! Visit :puke: :puke: Malta :puke: :puke: man!!!

We're too much invaded by shit that if i continue speaking about, i would regret for forgetting to mention some things!!!!

Ouch, but Dude, you have some of the oldest pagan momuments in Europe, the ones that share the religion that founded the one that the Norse adopted with the rest of the west coast of Europe and Scandinavia - Stonehenge and Newgrange and all. Malta is right up there, it's where it all started. Don't anyone use them?? I suppose it's difficult to do that when you feel bullied by the Christians to conform to their way of life. Even if you have no faith at all, you still need to stand tall, stick your chest out, shoulders back and hold your chin up high. Stand proud against people like that and don't let the bullocks drag you down. (I know it's hard. Tell me about it - I just got cornered by a gang of my Mennonite relatives at my sister-in-law's birthday party yesterday. It was, like, ten against one, and I was told how bad they all feel for me and my poor soul. I think they still to this day - 15 years after I met my atheist husband, their nephew - cannot fathom that my "different" faith is not a passing fad or a hobby. It's irritating, though, that they cannot have a one-on-one conversation with me about it, but must always do it as a pack... Insecure, anyone?)

The main source of Qenya (im dont know much about Sindarin, my bad) is a 12th century swedish language that it seems very few (very old) ppl still talk in deep Sweden or something like that. thats what ive heard from a friend and thats what i red from an serious article. With that influence of old swedish, he picked what he liked i guess from the construction of some languages. diphtons (whatever it is spelled) from german, neutral gender for every words from english, etc. there he took details from every languages and formed his, Qenya.
&#196;lvdalska? spoken in &#228;lvdalen &#195;&#8222;lvdalen Municipality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

&#196;lvdalska ord, A
&#196;lvdalska on the left and modern swedish on the right. My grandfather speaks a similar dialect called ''v&#229;mhusm&#229;l''. Spoken in V&#229;mhus in the Mora municipalityMora Municipality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia(located somwhere northwest on the north-western shore of the lake, if i remeber correctly)

I don't know if it's from the the 12th century, but it's certainly old.

I dont know any much more than what i said Larsson, its not fresh in my memory to be honest, but i know it was a very old language that few still speaks. as to situate it specificaly in the country, im afraid you lost me completely >< when i heard of that i wasnt imagining i would be even interested in learning scandinavian languages (about 4 years ago)

what you linked about &#196;lvdalska is very interesting, although even if i understand the contruction of swedish language and might recognize the class of words, i lack very badly of vocabulary, therefore i dont understand a thing about the translation it had been made :'( it would need a third = with english translation lol
thank you for the links :)

Maltese chicks are pretty hot and I am still in touch with a few of them, stayed with them In rabat where they lived and they showed us around ... I remember my visit there years ago, it was great, nice country, great people.
Visited old roman ruins, La Vallette, Rabat, Gozo ... some old cathedral that got a huge bomb in WW2 and never exploded.
Only drawback ... the buses were a trip.

I don't see why you would be angry at your country when it has such huge history from Phoenicians to Carthagians, Romans,... all of them pre-christian so I really don't see the whole "viking" thing and how it is more fit? It is true from what I had seen when I went there that many people still do value old family traditions.
The whole christian thing can be said about the whole of Europe then.

From talking to my friends there, it does seem that like in the rest of the EU, many are tired of the flow of immigrants from countries like Tunisia ... they think that now that Malta is in the EU, it is a safe haven for immigration. Many there are getting really pissed off, because jobs are hard to find. Most of my friends there, did end up moving to the UK to study and live.

Hi, my name is TheLastWithPaganBlood, and I'm a Swede. I live in Berlin, and I consider myself to be Bavarian. Take care.
Adopted?
Hey!! Party foul!!!!!! You're supposed to say you're from Skåne, damn it! LOL. Serously, though, be proud of that heritage, Pagan. Skåne is truly something to brag about, and in more ways than one. Not that Bavaria isn't great, too, but I think Skåne rules.:kickass:

Yeah, adopted, because there was a religion in Scandinavia before the arrival of asatru (or whatever you want to call it), and there are still traces of it in asatru and Christianity, since asatru and it blended, and then the Christians borrowed from asatru. We (Scandinavians) seem to have shared that first religion with all the countries along the west coast of Europe (Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium, Holland, parts of Germany, The British Isles), and Malata seems to be one of the main centres. Skåne has many monuments from the old religion.

Ouch, but Dude, you have some of the oldest pagan momuments in Europe, the ones that share the religion that founded the one that the Norse adopted with the rest of the west coast of Europe and Scandinavia - Stonehenge and Newgrange and all. Malta is right up there, it's where it all started. Don't anyone use them?? I suppose it's difficult to do that when you feel bullied by the Christians to conform to their way of life. Even if you have no faith at all, you still need to stand tall, stick your chest out, shoulders back and hold your chin up high. Stand proud against people like that and don't let the bullocks drag you down. (I know it's hard. Tell me about it - I just got cornered by a gang of my Mennonite relatives at my sister-in-law's birthday party yesterday. It was, like, ten against one, and I was told how bad they all feel for me and my poor soul. I think they still to this day - 15 years after I met my atheist husband, their nephew - cannot fathom that my "different" faith is not a passing fad or a hobby. It's irritating, though, that they cannot have a one-on-one conversation with me about it, but must always do it as a pack... Insecure, anyone?)

i know loool.... do you think i tollerate such ppl...nooooo waaaaay.... in fact its not news that we laugh the ass out of christains and priests.... they r filth and must perish.... i'm a higher level over them all... coz im a pagan beginner.... wish i could learn more about maltese paganism but the mf gov doesn't finance such IMPORTANT AND CRUCTIAL SECTOR.... FUCK MALTA'S GOV... FUCK HIS CHRISTIAN ROOTS!!!

Well, it shouldn't be that difficult to find stuff about paganism in Malta. I think I have some thesis papers and such somewhere that I got on-line. I'll try to get the addy's for you. I've got your hotmail addy, so I can send then there.
Pagan, for you I know for a fact there's tons. All those petroglyphs (h&#228;llristningar) are from a "pre-aesir" religion that "we" shared with Malta and the abovementioned countries. You can start with looking up "H&#228;llristningar i Gr&#228;nsbygd" in Google. I think they have their own website. It'll give you some idea. I'll get back to you for more stuff that is really to do with their religion and how it was shared. Gimme a few days.

OIhh there's a fantastic new beta version of a database of all fornl&#228;mningar in Sweden, funded by the government, where you can search any area, it's truly awesome. Forgot the name though...

But thing is some h&#228;llristningar are clearly Asatru, and I have also heard "experts" saying that sun-worshiping existed before Asatru, but to me, that whole thing seems to be just part of Asatru.

Well, it shouldn't be that difficult to find stuff about paganism in Malta. I think I have some thesis papers and such somewhere that I got on-line. I'll try to get the addy's for you. I've got your hotmail addy, so I can send then there.
Pagan, for you I know for a fact there's tons. All those petroglyphs (hällristningar) are from a "pre-aesir" religion that "we" shared with Malta and the abovementioned countries. You can start with looking up "Hällristningar i Gränsbygd" in Google. I think they have their own website. It'll give you some idea. I'll get back to you for more stuff that is really to do with their religion and how it was shared. Gimme a few days.

Thanks very much Tyra... Its always a great pleasure to discover new things especially on my island ... lol

Cool. Another wanderer. I'm thinking of wandering someplace myself at the moment. Can't seem to make my mind up just where, but I know for sure I want to not be here. Most places don't seem to scare me, but my husband is another story... We've two kids to take into consideration, too, but I've already moved from Sweden to Canada once, so I don't think it's such a big deal. He's only ever moved from one town to the next, so it's a bit different for him.