nearfiled monitors for mixing metal? neumann kh 120a vs adam a7x???

vondano

Oct 28, 2011
Quebec
www.soundclick.com
ok,

im down to these 2,

they would be the same price,

i need good low end since i mix metal... (120 a seem small for metal... no? )

what do you guys think???

adam a7x vs neumann kh 120 a???

thanx!

Im not sure i would buy a monitor based on genre. I would buy it based on 1. accuracy, 2. do you like the sound. 3. budget. Of course all of this should be tested in the listening environment they will be in. I know people are sick of hearing this, but either of these make bad choices if your room isnt treated. Id rather have a pair of 200 monitors in a good room. A lot of people use the adam monitors around here. I like yamaha monitors.

Did you actually go listen to narrow it down to those 2 boxes? IMHO the 120's are in another class than the adams. That said I certainly wouldn't automatically dismiss the focal, dynaudio or genelec offerings in that range without listening to them first.

i cant listen to them where i live...

Many dealers will not agree to it, but try to get them both to your place and work with them for a few days before you decide. Listening to them in the store can give you a bit of a clue, but you will have to sit with these monitors for hours on end eventually and a quick listen in the store will not give you very much in that sense.

unfortunatly, the dealers only have the cheap mackies and JBl over here...

I finaly ordered A7X, I think the neumann seems super nice, but i want something bigger since I also use those to play guitar (from an axe-fx 2)

paid 625$ USD for each, seems like a fair price,