need a new pda/cell phone

so what's the consensus on these new Win7 based phones out today?
Completely not interested. It seems the smart phone market is currently made up of three user groups... BlackBerry, Android and Apple. The only thing these groups have in common is a shared hatred of Microsoft. I just don't see them impacting the market in a significant way.

Btw, not that anyone cares but I continue to successfully exist without a mobile phone despite being a full-time grad student, a full-time RN, and a full-time parent/spouse. In fact, I've become something of an amusing eccentricity in today's society.

I think Apple overtook the crown for being most hated from Microsoft.

Although a confirmation is needed on that statement from our Euro peeps as such deep hatred slash developing coolness usually rises from that continent.

If the Euro say something is cool ... well you know damn sure it is.

i've never really seen anyone hate apple

i mean i think apple makes some decent hardware and really stupid software, but most people i see eat that hipster shit up like dog food

this would be a really clever post if this was like 1993 or something
This.

At $300 a share, with the likely loss of iPhone market share with the rise of Android, tablets from a slew of manufacturers which will compete with the iPad, and the looming demise of the iPod, I'm not sure that Apple's stock will be growing greatly any time soon. That said, I wouldn't exactly bet against Apple.

I just laughed at the connection between the "Apple stock" post and what he said in post #284. The timing was perfect. It's a tough crowd here lately.

I think Apple overtook the crown for being most hated from Microsoft.

Although a confirmation is needed on that statement from our Euro peeps as such deep hatred slash developing coolness usually rises from that continent.

If the Euro say something is cool ... well you know damn sure it is.

The numer of iPhones in the underground increases everyday it's incredible, at least in Paris. Other brands like Blackberry and Samsung as well but not as much yet.

so check out this nonsense.

went to AT&T today, one of their "service center" locations to see what's up with my phone. I noticed in the last day or so that it's always searching for a signal, so I figured that's what's draining the battery.

So the chick behind the counter kind of hushes in my ear ... our 3G service has been down for almost 2 months!!! ... and my phone was set to a "2G and 3G" mode meaning if 3G signal is not found it tries to connect all the time, BUT will use 2G if placing a call or trying to access the net. AWESOME! bah!

on top of that ... 3 cell towers were knocked out in my nabe last week because of the freaking tornado.

well at least I know it's not the phone/battery.

so a month later and I still have the same issue ... Edge/2G is the pits with dropped calls and people not hearing me. Switching to 3G drains my battery in half a day.

Called ATT again and they acknowledged the cell tower problem next to my home. 2 towers are still out.
They gave me 1/3 OFF my bill for last month (about $45) ... but if this continues this month as well I might make them get me out of the contract and let me change the phone at no penalty.

so a month later and I still have the same issue ... Edge/2G is the pits with dropped calls and people not hearing me. Switching to 3G drains my battery in half a day.

Called ATT again and they acknowledged the cell tower problem next to my home. 2 towers are still out.
They gave me 1/3 OFF my bill for last month (about $45) ... but if this continues this month as well I might make them get me out of the contract and let me change the phone at no penalty.
Hold on. This doesn't make any sense. I thought when you're an AT&T customer, if the string breaks between your tin can and your friend's tin can, they send a String Tech out to repair it. This is bullshit. They should at least upgrade you from a tomato sauce can to one of those nice sized pineapple juice cans, which has vastly superior acoustics.

yeah will see what happens. maybe they'll give me a chick with big cans.

it is rather weird though as my wife's 3G ONLY Samsung is not doing the same thing.

- Bold 9700 (still holds 1st place) though I won't be able to play as much music because of the memory plus side 3.5 jack is a pain in the ass. What about the player quality? Didn't have the chance of testing it. My 2-day testing was enjoyable.

Several buttons on my Verizon Razzle keypad have been coated in a sticky substance that makes rapid fire texting an impossibility. U,I,O,P have a gelatinous undercoating in which I'm unable to remedy. Pah!!! I have 8 months until I'm eligible for an upgrade, but I'll be damn if their regular phones don't look like ass. My buddy says he has a hook up for hacked blackberry bolds, but it would involve switching to AT&T in order to use a sim card. This is all madness! Is it soooo fucking difficult to produce a decent looking/functional phone without being forced to subscribed to a 100TB data plan?!?! I don't surf facebook, nor do I text more than 5 people. Fucking JEWS!!!