need a new pda/cell phone

Okay geeks, I have a couple of questions that will help me with a school assignment. For my computer lit class I have to research three mobile operating systems, being Windows Mobile OS, Android OS, and Symbian OS. I've got most of the work done but there are a couple of things that I can't find.

1. How much does each OS cost? As far as I know, they're just included with the cost of the phone you're buying...right? I can't just find Windows Mobile OS for sale by itself on the Microsoft website, for example.
2. What is the target market for each OS?

wtf

1. How much does each OS cost? As far as I know, they're just included with the cost of the phone you're buying...right? I can't just find Windows Mobile OS for sale by itself on the Microsoft website, for example.
Well, Android (I believe) is open source, so it would be free regardless. That said, while people have done silly things like port these OS' to opposing devices, I believe the OS is tied to the device and isn't distributable (or for purchase) for use on other devices.
2. What is the target market for each OS?
Not familiar with Symbian. The BB OS Is clearly targeted for business. I would say the others look like this...

Microsoft OS... business first, consumer second
Android... consumer first, business second

With the consumer markets, you're targeting a younger demographic. With business markets, you're targeting function over form, with an emphasis on reliability and security.

Thank ya :)

As far as the markets go that's kinda what I was thinking, since the Windows Mobile website first highlights access to Office programs, and Android (as well as Symbian) focus more on the fun apps.

Thank ya :)

As far as the markets go that's kinda what I was thinking, since the Windows Mobile website first highlights access to Office programs, and Android (as well as Symbian) focus more on the fun apps.

Nokia's E Series though are also business first phones, but based on Symbian.

bought the LG Ally today..didnt have the new pearl 3g which i would have stuck with, so far its ok but I honestly dont give a shit about droid os or touch screen..it doesnt seem to have the same application management that my pearl did, and thats probably going to piss me off in a few months when my battery dies really fast

so check out this nonsense.

went to AT&T today, one of their "service center" locations to see what's up with my phone. I noticed in the last day or so that it's always searching for a signal, so I figured that's what's draining the battery.

So the chick behind the counter kind of hushes in my ear ... our 3G service has been down for almost 2 months!!! ... and my phone was set to a "2G and 3G" mode meaning if 3G signal is not found it tries to connect all the time, BUT will use 2G if placing a call or trying to access the net. AWESOME! bah!

on top of that ... 3 cell towers were knocked out in my nabe last week because of the freaking tornado.

well at least I know it's not the phone/battery.

Goddam 2G bullshit. I would've shoved that phone down someone's throat, fucked the chick behind the counter, and climbed up one of the towers and taken a shit on it.

don't worry, I plan to call the usual customer service # tonight and see their version of the story ... or better yet give them my service tech's one ... looking for some money off my bill.

then i'll go back and bang the chick behind the counter ... she WAS pretty damn hot actually in a latino small town peasant kind of way.

then i'll go back and bang the chick behind the counter ... she WAS pretty damn hot actually in a latino small town peasant kind of way.

dorian already knows these things

In all seriousness, heck yeah, dude, get some money off your bill