need a new pda/cell phone

100% it was 95 ... was working in the electronics store and it was around this time of the year that I bought it. September or so. Came with 3.1 with a Win95 upgrade coupon.
It was made by "digital".

I find it hard to believe it was '95 myself, the hard drive would have been practically half the cost of the computer alone. 32mb of ram would have been pretty expensive as well.

But hey if you remember it 100% who are we to say otherwise?!?!

i did get a discount but not much maybe like 150 bucks. there wasn't much margin in PC's back then, not that there is now.

anyway, that was the price and the config ... it was a pretty new system that came out around that time. don't argue with me.

i did get a discount but not much maybe like 150 bucks. there wasn't much margin in PC's back then, not that there is now.

anyway, that was the price and the config ... it was a pretty new system that came out around that time. don't argue with me.
no it wasn't you're old and your memory is shot don't argue with me

seriously though i guess we swedes got ripped off as usual

but damn you must have had the hottest computer on the block though, 32 mb ram was still cool by 1998-99

i also got the win95 upgrade voucher, dos was a lot more fun though

People actually care about customizable ringtones? I didn't even think about that. My droid doesn't have that.
No.

So on my BB, I can set my device to bedside mode, yet it will wake me if I receive a phone call from my wife. I use this when she travels. I don't want texts, calls or alerts to wake me, but if she calls, I want the phone to ring. Plus, within each profile, Normal, Vibrate, etc. There's about 50 different things I can customize.

People actually care about customizable ringtones? I didn't even think about that. My droid doesn't have that.

No.

So on my BB, I can set my device to bedside mode, yet it will wake me if I receive a phone call from my wife. I use this when she travels. I don't want texts, calls or alerts to wake me, but if she calls, I want the phone to ring. Plus, within each profile, Normal, Vibrate, etc. There's about 50 different things I can customize.

I do the same thing as Zod, but also for work. I need loud screechy tones to get me out of bed when I#m on-call and get a cal from one of our service desk numbers, same thing for when I'm not on call, since I#m the team lead I'm the first contact if shit goes south, so my colleagues need to be able to call me. And other times i#m in "fuck off" mode and only want friends to be able to call.

Apparently it takes my provider ten days to check everything has been returned (while it was them who actually forgot the sector jack...) so I have time to think it over. Hopefully, other phones more to my tastes show up (txt/mail, battery life, mp3, os speed [I hate to be slowed down by my phone capabilities]; again, that's all I care about.

No.

I don't even know about all them shitz :lol:

I'll have to figure this out ... Clients, some Slayer, Wife ... hmmm ... Polish pop ... family, Tubular Bells.

Whoa, that is cool. I never knew you could do that. I'm pretty sure my droid can't do that; maybe there is an app, but I am not sure how well it works.

My contract ended on US Cellular on the 28th of August, and on the 28th of August I wanted a phone. I preferred the Droid X because it's bigger, but it was out of stock and I had to wait two weeks before I could get one. The specs are almost identical (except HDMI and more megapixels for the Droid X). I didn't think I wanted the keyboard, but now that I have it, I almost feel as if it's required because I'm much faster at typing. I think the Incredible was out of stock as well at the time, but I didn't really check. I don't really want to get an HTC phone for the sole fact that upgrading Android will be more of a pain because of the HTC Sense.

In summary, it came down to me wanting the phone on the day my plan was over.

I think regardless of how nice "Swype" can be, a physical keyboard is still far superiour. Wouldn't mind having one on my Nexus One.. just too bad it increases the profile of the phone.

My contract ended on US Cellular on the 28th of August, and on the 28th of August I wanted a phone. I preferred the Droid X because it's bigger, but it was out of stock and I had to wait two weeks before I could get one. The specs are almost identical (except HDMI and more megapixels for the Droid X). I didn't think I wanted the keyboard, but now that I have it, I almost feel as if it's required because I'm much faster at typing. I think the Incredible was out of stock as well at the time, but I didn't really check. I don't really want to get an HTC phone for the sole fact that upgrading Android will be more of a pain because of the HTC Sense.

In summary, it came down to me wanting the phone on the day my plan was over.
Understood. And yes, from what I have read, the HTC Sense is both good and bad. Good, in that it does add some nice functionality and bad in that it will take longer to get OS updates.

I think regardless of how nice "Swype" can be, a physical keyboard is still far superiour. Wouldn't mind having one on my Nexus One.. just too bad it increases the profile of the phone.
I've been without a physical keyboard for a year. I know people who had the original Droid who said they never use the physical keyboard. That seems like a waste of space. However, if you like a physical keyboard and use it, than it's a cool thing. Ultimately, that's what will differentiate Android from iPhone; options.

for the last week or so my Blackberry has been draining a full charge on the battery overnight.
even with heavy use, I used to get 2-3 days easy on a charge so I am not sure what's up.

no Apps running in the background ... checked all the usual suspect, GPS, browser, etc.