need a new pda/cell phone

within the next ten years, the US is going to pass an act with a fancy name like PATRIOT which will allow police/fbi/cia/homeland security to monitor suspicious individuals (on very flimsy evidence, natch) via their living room televisions

i guarantee it

I just wish we stopped back in 2002 or so. All this new-fangled technology is fucking bullshit. SO much potential for bullshit to happen and just more and more distractions for all the walking zombies. Pretty soon the gov't/corporations will rule even our private lives while amphetamine will be added to the drinking water for everyone's supposed ADD.

the gov't/corporations will rule even our private lives
i would say they already do that to a very large extent, it just doesn't feel like they do because it is ostensibly "your choice" that they do so

i mean, how many percent of the day does the average westerner spend just straight up consuming content pushed onto them by major media corporations

it's sickening when looked at from the outside, but it's hard to do just that because "the outside" is becoming harder and harder to even find

i mean, how many percent of the day does the average westerner spend just straight up consuming content pushed onto them by major media corporations

what's the alternative? camouflaging my car and living off the land?

I lived "under surveillance" back when it was cool ... so i know what it's like.

but at the same time I know my life is not as interesting as I'd like to think.

now Ken, with his housewide jerk-off sessions ... should be worried.

naw most people's lives don't appear very interesting, but everyone should at least consider the very real implications of the fact that all the electronic footprints we leave today, enable the ability for almost anyone to compile a comprehensive history of your opinions and actions over time. point being, opinions and actions which are considered harmless enough today, may not be viewed as such tomorrow

the oppressive regimes of history would have a field day with genocides all over the place if they had 10 years of facebook history on most of their citizens

"oh hey i see you 'liked' the communist party back in 2010, interesting..." [~one way ticket to auschwitz 2.0, xtreme edition~]

what's the alternative? camouflaging my car and living off the land?

reading a freaking book once in a while!

this a photo from a few hours ago in Times Square ... Nokia and Microsoft pulling out all the stops for the launch of the new phone today.
Niki Minaj performing ... no Slayer unfortunately.

538027_343073489073636_100686616645659_908519_342822640_n.jpg

I lived "under surveillance" back when it was cool ... so i know what it's like.

now Ken, with his housewide jerk-off sessions ... should be worried.

HHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

naw most people's lives don't appear very interesting, but everyone should at least consider the very real implications of the fact that all the electronic footprints we leave today, enable the ability for almost anyone to compile a comprehensive history of your opinions and actions over time. point being, opinions and actions which are considered harmless enough today, may not be viewed as such tomorrow

the oppressive regimes of history would have a field day with genocides all over the place if they had 10 years of facebook history on most of their citizens
hey

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1

literally all your communications via internet, sms etc. logged

let me reiterate this as best i can understand it

the nsa is building the largest surveillance and data storage facility in the world to save ALL INTERNET TRAFFIC going through the country on disk -- your country is going to be routinely and indiscriminately spying on its own citizens 24/7

why are you letting this happen

also, now american police is using unmanned flying surveillance drones to spy on citizens :)

This windows phone smokes. Android wishes it was this intuitive.
Lte is also fast as fuck.

those "live tiles" are fun ... every so often i get Erik or necro's photo show up on my home screen (from their FB profile photo)