need a new pda/cell phone

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/windows-phones-many-problems-should-microsoft-give-up/73126

"comScore’s figures over the rolling averages for the past three months show that Windows Phone has dropped in market share. Considering how little it had in the first place, it rings bells of bad news:

Sep.–Dec. 2011: From 5.6 percent to 4.7 percent — a drop of –0.9 percent.
Oct.–Jan. 2012: From 5.4 percent to 4.4 percent — a drop of –1.0 percent.
Nov.–Feb. 2012: From 5.2 percent to 3.9 percent — a drop of –1.3 percent."

But since its launch, it has already suffered a data cut-off bug which will put off a vast percent of the consumer market, and business customers especially, where data is the lifeblood of mission-critical operations. It’s struggling with poor market share and hampered by an image problem in the wake of attention towards iOS and Android rivals.

To apologise for the data bug, Nokia was quick to hand owners $100 in AT&T credit, effectively negating the price of the handset itself.

in other words: lol.

1. make shit os with a brand no one likes (at a loss)
2. make contract with industry has-beens to make a decent top-of-da-line phone (at a loss)
3. release phones to much fanfare, at $99 price point (a loss) (be sure to include crippling data bug)
4. reimburse customers, making the phone effectively free (huge loss)
5. observe miniscule market share steadily sinking every month without fail (loss)
6. ???
7. profit..?

I read about the data connection issue ( i don't have it on mine) ... it's something that's obvious out of the box and it affected "some" phones.
I am not sure how exactly that is if it is a "software" related issue.

Happy with the phone so far ... it's fast as fuck and I have an unlimited data plan so I can take advantage of it's internet speed anywhere which is great for a device like this.

I am not into "apps" as most of these reviewers freak out about being WP biggest drawback. But all the ones I looked for seemed to be there.

The OS and the entire interface really makes iOS and Android feel downrighjt dated and primitive ... you really need to play all of them to understand.

There is NOTHING in the OS that reminds me of Microsoft as we know it from the past.

http://www.osnews.com/comments/25829

European carriers are dissatisfied with the Nokia Lumia phones, Reuters has found out. According to the carriers, the Lumia phones are simply "not good enough" to compete with the iPhone and Android phones. Nobody comes into stores asking for windows phones, and one carrier executive said "if the Lumia with the same hardware came with Android in it and not Windows, it would be much easier to sell". Ouch.

nobody likes windows ever for any reason; news at 11

literally free piece of consumer electronics sells out, news at 11

see what happens when they price it around a ballpark that does not lose them money on every sale

Anyone have experience with MetroPCS? They have a promo out that is $25/month for unlimited call & text. That's fucking CRAZY.

I have been with Verizon since I first got a cell phone but the shit is expensive.

My mom's had Metro PCS for over 6 years with no problem. I would say just check their coverage maps for your area and anywhere you might think you'll travel to...it's hit & miss. I've got Straight Talk, and their phones run on the Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or Sprint networks, depending on which phone you get. Mine's on AT&T and the service is crazy good. I get their complete U.S. service coverage area no matter where I am for $45 a month, unlimited everything.

literally free piece of consumer electronics sells out, news at 11

see what happens when they price it around a ballpark that does not lose them money on every sale

Nokia's results for the first quarter are in... And it's grim. Very grim. We're looking at a net loss of EUR 929 million, an almost complete collapse compared to last year's EUR 344 million profit. It's also almost double the loss analysts expected. Revenue dropped by 29%, too.

Today, I rejoin the ranks of 2007-esque homosexuality. Today, I await the arrival of my new ShartPhone. Yes, I finally broke rank and decided it's MY turn to attempt to increase my social status via overindulgent unnecessary product purchase, bondage, and brandage. Could I backpedal my way into an excuse, or perhaps rewrite my own vitriol-laden post-history regarding such things, and my eventual hypocritical surrender? Yes, but I shan't. Instead, I will merely quote my hero, the future president and ruler of these United Christian States:
Mitt Romney said:
I changed my mind.