need a new pda/cell phone

i've got this

275px-Nokia_3310.jpg

i've got this

275px-Nokia_3310.jpg

That was my first phone ever! I tore up my closet trying to find it one day but to no avail.

Currently I use the Nokia 1661. Really simple and reliable except that the alarm clock doesn't work right, it will go off at all hours of the night and not the hour it's set for in the morning :zombie:

nokia1661-lg.jpg

So, unless I get an actual alarm clock, I'll have to switch back to my trusty 6610i when I start school. Sim cards ftw.

nokia-6610i.jpg

Nokia used to make great phones and I believe they still do for the Euro market. In the US however, they have been very unsuccessful.
Was just reading about them last week how they are closing their flagship store in Manhattan and pretty much throwing in the towel here altogether.

Nokia used to make great phones and I believe they still do for the Euro market. In the US however, they have been very unsuccessful.
Not surprising. It seems the two largest demographics for phone buyers are people who want disposable, low end phones and those who want smart phones. That middle tier is no longer a money maker.

Zod

AT&T claims that on Verizon phones you can't surf the web at the same time as speaking with someone on the phone. is this true?

My opinion of "smart" mobiles is that if you're not using it solely for work purposes, you're a douche.

My problem is that my shitty phones are always breaking so I "have" to take it up a notch, or I'm "wasting my time". I can't bring myself to replace a shitty phone with another shitty phone. But frankly, I'm thinking about going without a phone entirely. I spent the first 25 years of my life without a mobile so I'm pretty sure it's possible.

I can't fucking stand motherfuckers who don't understand the concept up "vibrate". Unless you're at home or in the car, your phone's ringer should never be on. I'm currently sitting near a motherfucker whose Friday the 13th ringtone is going off every 5 minutes, intertwined with chirp sounds for every text received. There's a social etiquette one must follow...

hahahahaha I completely agree. Some douche got an the elevator at work the other day while in the middle of a conversation and continued the conversation after the door shut. Completely rude.

How about cell phone conversations in public restrooms, even in the STALLS. Wtf women? You can literally hear the turds plopping into the toilet while they're yapping away on the phone. Sometimes they just sit in there doing nothing except talking. Then god forbid someone who is actually using the restroom has to flush during their precious conversation. WTF GTFO with your phone! :mad: :lol:

I never go to the mall but I had to recently for Jesus-Man Holiday shopping and all I saw were girls of 16-23 years of age with North Face jackets, black leggings, UGGs, and worst of all, some kind of smartphone held slightly up, like at around solar plexus or navel height, so they could text/email at an instant's notice...with one hand of course. I suppose they would do it with their thumb? I don't even know. I was just glad I'm not in that age group because I would be completely celibate. Nothing of today's average girl appeals to me at all...they look and act like zombies.

I wonder how much different high school is now that every freaking kid has a cell phone. I graduated in 2002, but even then the majority of students didn't have one. The ones that did were constantly getting in trouble during class. Guh I don't even want to think how aggravating it must be for teachers now.

My opinion of "smart" mobiles is that if you're not using it solely for work purposes, you're a douche.

My problem is that my shitty phones are always breaking so I "have" to take it up a notch, or I'm "wasting my time". I can't bring myself to replace a shitty phone with another shitty phone. But frankly, I'm thinking about going without a phone entirely. I spent the first 25 years of my life without a mobile so I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Guess I'm a douche.

How about cell phone conversations in public restrooms, even in the STALLS. Wtf women? You can literally hear the turds plopping into the toilet while they're yapping away on the phone. Sometimes they just sit in there doing nothing except talking. Then god forbid someone who is actually using the restroom has to flush during their precious conversation. WTF GTFO with your phone! :mad: :lol:

Shitting while speaking on the phone is the mark of the uncouth man. However, I have always recommended to those of more refined living that one may find comfort in a stall to stall interaction. I have partaken in many a potty bowl palaver with friends within my pooping network. In a Calgary restaurant, after a lengthy conversation with Climbthar on the crapper, it was reported to us by his gf, that a 3rd crappie had exited the lavatory filled with shock and horror that two men could share a movement with glee. He even went as far as to bring this up to a member of the wait staff. :lol:

The best was the three stall concert guffaw in reaction to a mistaken squirt. Each one of us erupted in laughter at the cacophonous sounds of airy defecation spluttering like Mike Tyson reciting the alphabet. <splurt splat sphinct!!!> You could only imagine how humorous it was to find out that the shit in question belonged to someone outside the pooping friend's network. What was going through that poor sap's head is anybody's guess.

I never go to the mall but I had to recently for Jesus-Man Holiday shopping and all I saw were girls of 16-23 years of age with North Face jackets, black leggings, UGGs, and worst of all, some kind of smartphone held slightly up, like at around solar plexus or navel height, so they could text/email at an instant's notice...with one hand of course. I suppose they would do it with their thumb? I don't even know. I was just glad I'm not in that age group because I would be completely celibate. Nothing of today's average girl appeals to me at all...they look and act like zombies.

This is 100% truth.

Shitting while speaking on the phone is the mark of the uncouth man. However, I have always recommended to those of more refined living that one may find comfort in a stall to stall interaction. I have partaken in many a potty bowl palaver with friends within my pooping network. In a Calgary restaurant, after a lengthy conversation with Climbthar on the crapper, it was reported to us by his gf, that a 3rd crappie had exited the lavatory filled with shock and horror that two men could share a movement with glee. He even went as far as to bring this up to a member of the wait staff. :lol:

The best was the three stall concert guffaw in reaction to a mistaken squirt. Each one of us erupted in laughter at the cacophonous sounds of airy defecation spluttering like Mike Tyson reciting the alphabet. <splurt splat sphinct!!!> You could only imagine how humorous it was to find out that the shit in question belonged to someone outside the pooping friend's network. What was going through that poor sap's head is anybody's guess.

This post amused me greatly.

I ordered some cheap Ugg-like boots :erk:, for practical purposes though. And they shall be worn with pants, only when it is cold. This crap of girls wearing them with shorts and skirts in the freakin' spring and summer is the most idiotic thing ever. And $200 for those things? Even more idiotic.

I need to crap.

Skirts and Uggs were like totally like the like coolest like thing you could like wear when I was in like highschool. I like totally never like got it and was all like wtf is up with you girls?