Need help w/ Heavenly

ashaman7122

Crazy on a ship of fools
Dec 11, 2002
I know everyone's still in afterglow regarding the line-up, but I gotta solicit some opinions from the masses.

I keep seeing Heavenly mentioned, and I am certainly intruiged by their latest album, Dust To Dust.

I have read reviews that say this is the ultimate power metal album with balls and style, and I have read reviews that say this is typical power metal cheese, blatantly ripping off other bands (with specific songs mentioned).

Knowing that there is so much 2nd and 3rd tier power metal clones out there, I wanted to see what your opinions are...

Any help?

Ive said this before but hell, if you go out and buy Dust to Dust I wouldnt mind saying it a dozen times more. Coming From the Sky and Sign of the Winner are GOOD but they are definitely 3rd tier clone material albeit good clone material. Dust to Dust is leaps and bounds ahead of their previous works, imagine Children of Bodom riffs, time changes with a clean singer and many many ripping bad ass guitar solos and heavy usage of choirs.

Ben

I personally love all three of their albums. Ben is an incredible singer, and the band is tight! You can't go wrong with any of their releases in my opinion. They play power metal, and they play it well; whether they are ripping other bands off or not.

it has a lot of typical cheese. there are definately ballsy parts, but there are just as much flowery parts. BUT, for some reason, i find this band completely awesome, regardless of all the flowery stuff. i dont know why, but i really like these guys. i also think they get more shit than they deserve for being flowerly since their damn band name is HEAVENLY

Daybreaker said:
Ive said this before but hell, if you go out and buy Dust to Dust I wouldnt mind saying it a dozen times more. Coming From the Sky and Sign of the Winner are GOOD but they are definitely 3rd tier clone material albeit good clone material. Dust to Dust is leaps and bounds ahead of their previous works, imagine Children of Bodom riffs, time changes with a clean singer and many many ripping bad ass guitar solos and heavy usage of choirs.
Spot ON! My feelings exactly! This is the disc that took them out of "also ran" status and made me sit up and take notice. Killer disc. Like the best of current symphonic power metal meets classic euro metal bands like Helloween/Gamma Ray.

ashaman7122...just PM me dude. I'll be glad to let you hear all of it you want.