Need some Old Death Metal recommendations

AdamCymru86

Wrexham AFC 1873-Forever
Nov 25, 2004
Wrexham, Wales, UK
Right then people recently been getting back in Death Metal. Been listening to loads of old Death Metal stuff, stuff like Possessed, Death, Atheist, Master, Death Strike, Sadus, Autopsy, Epidemic. So could anyone give me a few more bands to listen to.

Yeah Immolation - Dawn of Possession is a must! I'll pass on the next two, dont know Torture so no comment.

The early Swedish (Stockholm style) Carnage, Entombed, Dismember, Grave is all quality death metal.

Great list^
I'll bump Necrophobic to the top of your list because I'm a self confessed Swedofile.
Next favourites are - Unanimated, Sentenced, Bolt Thrower and Morgoth

Ah, early death metal? I recommend:

Angel Corpse
Bolt Thrower
Carcass
Deicide
Entombed
Incantation
Malevolent Creation
Obituary

AdamCymru86, do you like the newer death metal groups?

Opprobrium (usa band - 3 albums) a must have
Napalm Death
Carnage
Obituary
Entombed
Grave
Murder Squad (newish band)
Nightrage (newish band)

MURAI said:
AdamCymru86, do you like the newer death metal groups?

Depends what you'd define as newer Death Metal. I mean for a long time I've been into Nile, Krisiun, Mithras, Bolt Thrower, Aborted, Behemoth, Cryptopsy, very early Arch Enemy, Malevolent Creation, Origin, Necrophagist etc... but I went off it and started listening to a lot of Folk Metal, but recently started getting back into it but only the very early stuff.

OS death metal well....
Morbid Angel-Domination and Covenant, Blessed Are The Sick
Cannibal Corpse-all
Napalm Death-Harmony Corruption
Anathema-Serenades
Malevolent Creation-StillBorn and Retribution
Carcass-all incl Heatwork yeah i said that!
Entombed up to Wolverine Blues even though i have heard there last 3 cds
are good.
Necrophagia-Season Of The Dead
Deicide-Legion
Pungent Stench-All
Macabre-Sinister Slaughter
Im tired i cant think of anymore OS DM stuff i have.

Fangface said:
I'd add Nocturnus - Thresholds, if you're into technical atmospheric death metal.

YES!!
Probably in the top 5 favorite Death Metal albums.

I should be paying attention to this. I seem to find myself only really attracted to the old shit when it comes to Death Metal.

KMADD said:
OS death metal well....

Malevolent Creation-StillBorn and Retribution
Entombed up to Wolverine Blues even though i have heard there last 3 cds
are good.
Necrophagia-Season Of The Dead

Still Born is pretty good even though I read the band themselves aren't too proud of it because it was rushed. Which explains the thin production and how the vocals sounded rather forced in parts.

Morning Star by Entombed is great.

I feel Necrophagia is pretty tacky.

AdamCymru86 said:
Depends what you'd define as newer Death Metal. I mean for a long time I've been into Nile, Krisiun, Mithras, Bolt Thrower, Aborted, Behemoth, Cryptopsy, very early Arch Enemy, Malevolent Creation, Origin, Necrophagist etc... but I went off it and started listening to a lot of Folk Metal, but recently started getting back into it but only the very early stuff.

I meant death metal from around the late 90's to early 2000s. So in that list, it will be Origin and Aborted.

Suffocation-effigy of the forgotten
deicide-s/t
obituary-cause of death
morbid angel-alters of madness
cannibal corpse-eaten back to life

RESURRECTION-Embalmed Existence
BROKEN HOPE-The Loathing
NOCTURNUS-Thresholds
BOLT THROWER-The IV Crusade
IMMOLATION-Harnessing Ruin
AT THE GATES-Slaughter of the soul
AMON AMARTH-Versus the world,etc.
To many good names but I love Death metal in the 90's...old good days for Death metal without growl/clean vocals with industrial synthetic sound and Nu looks,like modern Death "metal" is today.

Tampa,Florida-BIRTHPLACE of pure Death Metal!!!