NERVE END - AXIS EP (free stream / download) (includes STEMS, DIs and MIDI)

Ronixis

Rocket surgeon
Dec 1, 2006
Finland
3341030611-1.jpg

We finally released our new ep 'Axis'. You can stream and download it for free here: http://nerveend.com

I sing and play guitar in the band. I also recorded, produced, mixed and mastered the ep. I'll happily answer all the questions about the production. I'll also make an in-depth mixing video with detailed information about the mix a bit later. Feel free to give feedback about the production. This is my 2nd big project ever and I'd love to get some tips on how to improve.

Here are stems for the 2nd song on the ep, The Squid. I really wanted to upload stems for all the songs at once, but since I'm super busy at the moment, I'll upload one now and the rest later.

PLEASE READ THE README.pdf FOR INSTRUCTIONS
Download here: http://nerveend.com/stems/Nerve End - 02 - The Squid - STEMS.rar (filesize: ~125 MB)

The rar-file includes:
- Full stems for all tracks
- DI-tracks for guitar and bass
- MIDI file for the drums
- Tempo track
- Pre-production tabs in gp5-format

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU DECIDE TO UPLOAD YOUR REMIX ANYWHERE, ALWAYS INCLUDE A LINK TO THE ORIGINAL SONG (http://nerveend.com). ALWAYS STATE CLEARLY IN THE FILENAME THAT IT'S A REMIX. ANY COMMERCIAL USE OF THESE FILES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NERVE END 2011

If you enjoy our music and/or the stems, I would greatly appreciate if you'd like us on Facebook. It would also help a lot if you share the link to http://nerveend.com. Thank you!

P.S. there's a tiny homage to all you sneapsters on the thanks list of the albums back sleeve:

cheers_sneapsters.jpg

Thanks for all the tips and support, everyone!

Yes, this is awesome! :worship:
The song Thrive is my favorite song based on the first spin.

And thank you for sharing the DI's / Stems. I learned a lot from remixing Arsonist and hope to do so on The Squid. :)

Wow dude! How'd you record this? Studio or by yourself and what equipment did you use? Great production btw.

Wow dude! How'd you record this? Studio or by yourself and what equipment did you use? Great production btw.

Thanks! Everything except the vocals were done in my bedroom. The vocals were recorded with the same gear in a small practice room at my school, just because I didn't want to piss off my neighbours with constant shouting! :lol:

This is basically all the gear used for the recording:

axis_gear.jpg

Mackie Onyx Satellite, old pc, SM7B for vocals, bit of Boss SD-1 and Pod X3 for bass and guitar solos.

@Ronixis I'm really enjoying mixing this. Mind if I post to my SoundCloud, with proper credits given/linked to/etc?

I'll also post here when I finish it up if you'd like to hear it. :D

Please do! Don't get me wrong, I'd really love to hear some remixes! The disclaimer is there just to ensure that new people won't turn down our music by an unofficial mix. I used to find a few low quality remixes here and there without any credits, just named as "Nerve End - Arsonist". I just want that the people who bumb into a remix have the chance to check out the original song as well.

Love it. Love it. Already whored it out on Facebook and Twitter.

This might sound out of left field, but your vocals remind me of Jon Anderson. Not the pitch/timbre, but the delivery and vocal patterns.

Dude holy shit! What's your audio interface because the production sounds studio quality!

All I have is a M Audio Fast Track Ultra and it dosen't sound near as good as the production you got!

Dude holy shit! What's your audio interface because the production sounds studio quality!

All I have is a M Audio Fast Track Ultra and it dosen't sound near as good as the production you got!

Sorry, but I'm fairly confident it has fuck all to do with the interface :lol: It's just well written, well performed, well tracked and well mixed.

Anyway, he said it's a Mackie Onyx Satellite.

Sorry, but I'm fairly confident it has fuck all to do with the interface :lol:

I have to agree :D

Even though the Mackie Onyx Satellite is a fairly good 2-channel interface, I strongly believe that the results would be pretty much the same with a different brand model. I think changing the strings has a much bigger effect to sound quality than changing the interface ...altough I've never used any other interface, so I might be wrong.