Nervous habits

When I get nervous, I start to pick at things (either my scalp, nails, hands or furniture). Or I stutter a little...which only happens when people really freak me out.

I'm really quiet in person to begin with, but when I get nervous I pretty much hole up and just stare at the ground. If I am talking to someone, that usually means less eye contact and lots of looking around. The only thing on my mind during these times is getting the situation over with as fast as possible. THAT usually means I'm not paying attention to whatever the person is saying. I dislike this about myself and I dislike being nervous.

dead_fetus said:
The only thing on my mind during these times is getting the situation over with as fast as possible.
I'm quite the opposite unfortunately.... If i'm nervous I tend to do whatever I can to avoid it, which gets to be self-sabotaging in some cases.

I always get very very nervous when talking on the phone with someone I don't often associate (hang out) with. I'm fine with talking to family members and close friends... but anyone else, I'm nervous and don't really talk much, but when I do it's really soft and quiet. :erk:

Other than that... I don't really have anything.

when i get nervous i start to sweat a lot and then my adrenaline starts pumping or something and i just feel really weird and my heart starts pounding hella fast or something along those lines. i don't know how to describe it well, i also move around a lot like just spin in my chair.

I've always regarded that as kinda creepy. Do you have the top of all your pens chewed too? I always found that really icky :(