Neurosis & Mindrot

Hmm, interesting thread discussion!! I've gone with the following:

MINDROT - Dawning
NEUROSIS - Through Silver in Blood

$15 for both including shipping which 'aint bad. I put it down to an educational expense. :)

Damn, that's a good deal. If you don't like 'em, you'll have no prob getting your money back. I think you'll like Dawning. The intro is a beautiful instrumental that just keeps building.

I really hope you like TSIB. The title track is fucking insane. And the song with the bagpipes is intense (forgot the name).

listening to Through Silver in Blood the moment. "Eye" just began. haha, I'd pay good money to see JayK's face when listening to this album for the first time.

Through Silver in Blood is the ONLY way to start with Neurosis. Then get Souls at Zero and Enemy of the Sun, and then Times of Grace (you must also grab the Grace thingie by Tribes of Neurot). Do as I did and keep forgetting to buy A Sun That Never Sets (cd and dvd).

As for Mindrot, I agree about Dawning. This new group Eyes of Fire has the Mindrot guys in it. They remind me of Alchemist (which is funny, cause nobody knows Alchemist exists in the reviewing world. Shame on them)

I must TSIB dangerously grows on me . The sudden fury passage in Strength Of Fates is absolutely amazing . Aeon is awesome too . I still don't have Enemy Of The Sun , is it as good as this?

OceanMech said:
Through Silver in Blood is the ONLY way to start with Neurosis. Then get Souls at Zero and Enemy of the Sun, and then Times of Grace (you must also grab the Grace thingie by Tribes of Neurot). Do as I did and keep forgetting to buy A Sun That Never Sets (cd and dvd).

As for Mindrot, I agree about Dawning. This new group Eyes of Fire has the Mindrot guys in it. They remind me of Alchemist (which is funny, cause nobody knows Alchemist exists in the reviewing world. Shame on them)

Apparently, you haven't read my glowing review of ALCHEMIST's "Austral Alien." I believe it even made my Top 25 of 2003. :Smug:

And why is everyone so set on slagging A Sun That Never Sets? Fuck the dumb shit, I think it's Pink Floyd meets Black Sabbath meets the end of the world!!

I like ASTNS, but I don't think it's near their best of the post-The Word is Law material. As a whole it's better than Enemy of the Sun, but ASTNS doesn't have a song as powerful as Raze the Stray (from EOTS).

JayKeeley: The new Terrorizer has a nice article and CD review of the Neurosis & Jarboe release. Considering you like the strange world of Swans, you might actually want to check that album out. Personally that album is a little difficult to listen to because Neurosis is so subdued and Jarboe is so crazy . . . BUT it is definitely a match that works. You won't get the real Neurosis from this release, but you will get something that carries the Neurosis spirit of forever pushing themselves musically.