Stand-Up Guy

NAD said:
Listening to the samples again, much better than I remember. Okay shit, this is really good. That outro to Swandive is awesome. Not digging the clean vocals much, but the riffs are great and the bassist is awesome.

Might pick this up later this year, I'm on a spending hiatus for a bit. :dopey:
A ray of light. Holy shit, the NADster comes through in fine form again.

If you are truly interested, the songs "Fra Diavalo!" and "The Constant Gossip of the Workplace" are truly phenomenal. The song with the clean vocals is the only one where those are really used. The rest of the vocals are deep hardcore vocals.

We could only be so lucky if this is what I heard on the radio instead of fucking Story of the Year and Blink 182.

It's interesting that some of you guys think J. is such a hardcore freak. I see him as a much more heavy metal type of guy. If you forced J. to listen to only one type of music, I bet it would be pagan BM or some derivative of it.

Anyway . . . Stand-Up Guy is very cool from what I've heard. I'll look forward to getting the CD soon . . . hopefully.

Nate The Great said:
It's interesting that some of you guys think J. is such a hardcore freak. I see him as a much more heavy metal type of guy. If you forced J. to listen to only one type of music, I bet it would be pagan BM or some derivative of it.
Funny thing is, you're right. I'd choose heavy metal over -core any day. Can't a brutha enjoy more than one genre of music?

Anyway . . . Stand-Up Guy is very cool from what I've heard. I'll look forward to getting the CD soon . . . hopefully.
You'll dig it. No doubt in my mind. Generic, this is not.

Paul, don't know if you saw, but do you have a copy or something of the Terrorizer review of Has Anything You've Done Made Your Life Better?

If more than half the songs are as good as Swandive, I'll certainly enjoy it. I put it on the list for future reference either way.

EDIT: Concerning hardcore, the regular "traditional" stuff is shite. I can dig old stuff like the Cro-mags and Sick of it All but anything past the mid-90's (at best) is just garbage. Post-hardcore, or whatever you want to call it, like Neurosis, Today is the Day, Goatsblood, and other weird shit, I can dig that. That stuff can push the boundaries of weirdness and I definitely like that.

Jeff, I saw your post about the Terroizer stuff. Want me to copy it and post it over to you? We've a good lot of stuff building up, I can just send you a full press thingy.

Nate, CD and press pack with be on it's way to you before the start of next week, before I go to Wacken.

What's wrong with £9 for a price?!?! That's cheap for a CD over here.

Paul.

Paul Stand-Up Guy said:
Jeff, I saw your post about the Terroizer stuff. Want me to copy it and post it over to you? We've a good lot of stuff building up, I can just send you a full press thingy.

Nate, CD and press pack with be on it's way to you before the start of next week, before I go to Wacken.

What's wrong with £9 for a price?!?! That's cheap for a CD over here.

Paul.
Too right it is. I went into Virgin Megastore not long ago, and while I was quite impressed at the stuff they had, pretty much everything of interest was £16.99! This is why I never buy from these rip-off stores, thank fuck for the internet.

This whole thread is like gothic power metal by the way.

See. He knows the score with CD prices.

When we were on tour I checked out stuff in Liverpool, the prices in Virgin were scary.

Paul.

Papa Josh said:
There is no way the new Unleashed could possibly rule...
Maybe it doesn't, and there will never be a "Where No Life Dwells pt. 2" (actually there was SitD but you know) but I can almost promise you that it is better than the tripe that was "Hell's Unleashed" and "Warrior"...

pacifier_puppy.gif

Ali, give it up already. Truce man, truce. We're beating a dead horse now.

Paul, yeah, you can just copy and post it to me if you want. I'm really curious as to what Terrorizer said about it back in 2001. I'm not even sure if they do the "Demo of the Month" thing anymore.

About the price of the CD, I don't think it's expensive at all, especially considering a bunch of the stuff I buy is hard to find and is ususally found in some back woods record store in the Czech Republic or something. But yeah, like Erik said, most of the people here are used to $10 postage paid CDs within the US.

Haha, you guys are spoilt. I wish CDs cost so little over here. An average 'underground' CD is gonna cost you between £13-£18 here.

Yeah Jeff, that's no problem about the stuff. Can you mail me your postal address? I think we did get demo of the month for 'Has Anything...'. Either that one or 'Immobiliare', I can't remember. I think we're gonna be in next month's Breaking Faces too.

Paul.

Paul Stand-Up Guy said:
Yeah Jeff, that's no problem about the stuff. Can you mail me your postal address? I think we did get demo of the month for 'Has Anything...'. Either that one or 'Immobiliare', I can't remember. I think we're gonna be in next month's Breaking Faces too.

Paul.
I'll email you my address. Thanks.

Sweet, I'll have to check out next month's Terrorizer then. I haven't read it in a while. SUG would also be a good band to have in Unrestrained's "Abrasive Outlets" feature.

I still need to contact Fart, and order a subscription of MetalWorks. Has SUG been featured in there? I know they did a feature on Geasa that I've been wanting to read. Doesn't Alan Nemtheanga write for MEtalworks?

I really have no idea who writes for Metalworks! I think a load of them do!

Yeah, we were in the first issue, nice two page spread. Ciaran interviewed us for that, t'was a while back, even before 'Immobiliare' I think!

Paul.