Stand-Up Guy

Amazing. We all suddenly act like we don't get J's modus operandi around here.

J - you act like we've never read one of your threads/posts before. You are the sort of individual who turns his whole persona into the "hateful cynic", who absolutely goes out of his way to trash other people's bands and tastes (or generally anything that resembles heavy metal), and does nothing but fucking whine and bitch in almost every post. Yes, we get that you hate the NWOBHM. Yes, we get that you hate Iron Maiden, 80's Thrash, or that you think Bruce Dickinson's vocals are gay. Yes, we get that you jerk over anything with -core at the end of it. Me whining? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

As for not saying anything derogatory about the HoM after asking whether you'd like them or not....geez, so I guess calling something "gothic power metal" is complementary? So just how much gothic power metal would you say is good then?

My point is this, if you don't know what you're talking about, then shut it. Yeah, I accept that there are other forms of music out there, goat fucking knows I talk about it the most, but if you are someone who likes those other forms of music MORE SO than heavy metal (IN ITS PUREST FORM), well then, you're really in the wrong place now aren't you?

pacifier_puppy.gif
pacifier_puppy.gif
pacifier_puppy.gif
pacifier_puppy.gif
pacifier_puppy.gif
pacifier_puppy.gif
pacifier_puppy.gif

pacifier_puppy.gif
brents_cutie_raver_girlies.jpg
pacifier_puppy.gif

Listening to the samples again, much better than I remember. Okay shit, this is really good. That outro to Swandive is awesome. Not digging the clean vocals much, but the riffs are great and the bassist is awesome.

Might pick this up later this year, I'm on a spending hiatus for a bit. :dopey:

Erik said:
So anyway, Hammers of Misfortune are pretty good I reckon
Wait a minute, I just saw this. Did the promos arrive already? No way.

BloodStainedWalls said:
What a fucking shitstorm this turned out to be!! :lol: I call a group hug, you fags. :loco:
I 'aint hugging anyone who thinks HoM is gothic power metal. :loco: Which album is that in your sig, currently making your dick hard anyway?

NAD said:
Listening to the samples again, much better than I remember. ...blargu
NAD the diplomat. Gimme a fucking break, and go buy the new Unleashed instead. It fucking rules. :kickass:

Heehee, remind me about Unleashed in 3 months or send some samples / links my way. I'm not buying anything but Danzig and Megadeth until October! *crosses fingers and wallet*

Erik said:
Considering Unleashed's last 29389283 releases were pretty much SHIT, I was slightly impressed by "Winterland" off the new one. Lyrics still retarded, riffage a bit more inspired than it's been lately.
I'm listening to it for the first time today - it arrived earlier. It makes me want to do this -> :kickass:

Nothing revolutionary, but tight, aggressive riffs (without sounding melodious like Dismember). It's not something I would listen to on a constant basis (with it being pretty straightforward), but there are some cool breakdowns scattered here or there that get the job done, & the lead work is pretty fancy (old school style).

I'm not going to be reviewing it - do you want it?

Sure, pass it on over. You know I'll take anything then let it gather dust for six months before reviewing it. :loco:

Listening to the samples again, much better than I remember. Okay shit, this is really good. That outro to Swandive is awesome. Not digging the clean vocals much, but the riffs are great and the bassist is awesome.

Might pick this up later this year, I'm on a spending hiatus for a bit. :dopey:
what a fag ... :wave:

I have one problem with J's mentality. the fact that you don't watch MTV or follow popular music more does not make you cool and into the underground scene any more or less ... the fact is that SUG is just a pedestrian generic band. There is nothing here to rave about. If you would get out and listen to some more popular music/videos .. you would get it.

Again, solid band, Paul sounds like a real "stand-up guy" :D , ... but this is borderline fag shit.

And if I hear anyone call this type of music hardcore again ... I will hurl.

JayKeeley said:
Actually, I was talking to Erik. You'll be too busy with other things. :loco:
WHOOPS. Didn't see Erik's quote in your post and was reading 16 other threads anyhow. :dopey:

There is no way the new Unleashed could possibly rule...

That being said, I haven't bothered to listen to either of the fucking bands you bitches are whimpering about.....

What is grunge?

I remember Soundgarden on Headbanger's Ball, Alice In Chains too. They were both quite righteous bands....

JayKeeley said:
J - you act like we've never read one of your threads/posts before. You are the sort of individual who turns his whole persona into the "hateful cynic", who absolutely goes out of his way to trash other people's bands and tastes (or generally anything that resembles heavy metal), and does nothing but fucking whine and bitch in almost every post. Yes, we get that you hate the NWOBHM. Yes, we get that you hate Iron Maiden, 80's Thrash, or that you think Bruce Dickinson's vocals are gay. Yes, we get that you jerk over anything with -core at the end of it. Me whining? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Damn, just when you think common sense has prevailed. For the record, I've never said I hate Iron Maiden. I can't hate some I've never heard. I don't hate 80's thrash. Just 'cause someone doesn't lick the boots of every 80's thrash band doesn't mean they hate it. Hell, I don't even hate HoM, just wasn't my thing.

Yes, you whining.

As for not saying anything derogatory about the HoM after asking whether you'd like them or not....geez, so I guess calling something "gothic power metal" is complementary? So just how much gothic power metal would you say is good then?
That was not derogatory at all. Again, read the fucking reviews on their site. You'll see that some reviewers agree with me. That's what it reminded me of, that's all. I wasn't slamming the band one bit. I just don't care that much.

My point is this, if you don't know what you're talking about, then shut it.
Oh, so you know a lot about hardcore then? Or should you shut it?

Yeah, I accept that there are other forms of music out there, goat fucking knows I talk about it the most, but if you are someone who likes those other forms of music MORE SO than heavy metal (IN ITS PUREST FORM), well then, you're really in the wrong place now aren't you?
I don't think I'm in the wrong place at all, but thanks for asking. I've been here for three years, and feel quite comfortable.

Just out of curiosity, if hardcore has no place in your 'zine's forum, why are there hardcore reviews on your website? This is general curiosity, since you said metal and hardcore shouldn't mix.

lurch70 said:
I have one problem with J's mentality. the fact that you don't watch MTV or follow popular music more does not make you cool and into the underground scene any more or less
OK, thanks for the common sense. Does the fact that I really don't watch any TV except for Seinfeld and baseball count for anything? I'm not trying to be cool, I just don't care.

the fact is that SUG is just a pedestrian generic band. There is nothing here to rave about. If you would get out and listen to some more popular music/videos .. you would get it.
Again, solid band, Paul sounds like a real "stand-up guy" :D , ... but this is borderline fag shit.
Don't take this the wrong way, but your opinion means shit to me.

Blah blah, innocent little J bird and all your wonderful, well being posts 'cos you just love everything and everybody in your aspiration-filled life, and of course you're never a miserable little twat that has nothing good to say about anything. Yes, how we all read you so wrong all this time. :loco:

So I guess you didn't see the puppy then, Ebineezer?