New AIC video/single in three days

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
For those of you who care, that is.

I've been waiting for this for about 15 years, and the snippets I've heard sound fucking awesome.

In my opinion, technically, Duvall is a better singer and that's coming from someone who's favorite band of all time is Alice in Chains. He's not Layne, but he does lots of justice their back catalogue. I also think he sounds better when he harmonizes with Jerry than Layne did, at least in the live arena.

New snippet:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3UNmOKduMQ&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Snippit is good but no vocals.
Well i did a youtube search and found some live clips with the new guy and im actually pleasantly surprised. Of course he really cant compare with Layne against the rest of the band but hes not bad at all! So the new stuff will probably be interesting to hear since it will be original.
also

just a little look in the studio i guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i wasn't looking too much into it because i was a big fan of the Staley/AIC combo but this is sounding pretty ace.

damn Cantrell is looking pretty grungy with that beard.

He looks like a freakin viking.

Herger the Joyous anyone?
240px-Dennisst.jpg

<3

Don't think DuVall is technically better than Layne (on a good day), he's struggling hard at times with songs like "Man I A Box".

But he does a good job and is definitely a great singer.

I'll probably be missing out on my favourite festival to see them in Berlin in august. It'll be totally worth it.

Don't think DuVall is technically better than Layne (on a good day), he's struggling hard at times with songs like "Man I A Box".

But he does a good job and is definitely a great singer.

I'll probably be missing out on my favourite festival to see them in Berlin in august. It'll be totally worth it.

Well, I should probably caveat that with him being technically better than Layne AFTER Dirt. Layne's voice went seriously downhill after Dirt, range-wise...along with the rest of him.

Jerry is probably the most underrated songwriter in the history of heavy music. All the attention goes to Layne because he perfectly portrayed what Cantrell was writing about in human form, but other than Layne penning a few good songs here and there, the majority of the greatness of AIC is directly contributed to Cantrell. Layne just had the perfect voice for what Cantrell wanted to do.

And he does look awesome with that beard.

Jerry is probably the most underrated songwriter in the history of heavy music. All the attention goes to Layne because he perfectly portrayed what Cantrell was writing about in human form, but other than Layne penning a few good songs here and there, the majority of the greatness of AIC is directly contributed to Cantrell. Layne just had the perfect voice for what Cantrell wanted to do.

And he does look awesome with that beard.

For once, i totally agree with you DW. Jerry was one of the players that influenced me to pick up a guitar! He's also the very heart and soul of the band. Without him, there is no AIC. Thats why its not too surprising they picked up the ashes and made a new record.

"Aaaah cut you in!!!"

Another great song from his solo stuff was on The Cable Guy soundtrack..."Leave Me Alone". That song still kicks ass.

I also liked "Ashes to Ashes" with Damageplan and Cantrell from the Punisher S/T. Incidentally, I still haven't seen that, is it good? I saw the old Dolph Lundgren one, that's worth seeing to laugh.

the War Zone movie or the one with Tom Jane, that one i liked but NEVER see War Zone.

whens the video coming out?