NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

:lol:
does a first post count so much?
maaan joonas that was lame, should everyone come up with : heeey I'm new and I'm blalblabla
tbh, I didn't you what you were talking about and I would have asked the same question if he hadn't

For Blooddrunk single. Not so impressive first post man.

Oh. Whatever. I got the new Norther ( which got leaked btw ) album and CoB releases mixed up. I forgot the single/album release dates are so damn far apart. That's actually incredibly stupid.

Tie My Rope for me is a big :erk: Alexi lack some imagination nowadays, that's the same thing on every fucking song, same structure, same riff, same patterns, same ideas, same solos, same rusted plastic in every sounds.

Tough man talking. I'm guessing the majority of fans who despise what COB has become are in for a big blow come the new album.

So you're saying Tie My Rope is just a bunch of this and that taken from the material they already made?

Well then I guess we're in for a shit album, no need to hold your breath.

They've improved the vocals and have a new guitar sound for it, so I'm not concerned. The only problem for me is the chorus melody, it's nice for first 4 secs, then it turns lame.

I just hope that with a better guitar sound the song gets better, because if you check COBTV 1, there's a moment that they're playing it with no mixing(they're shown playing it and the sound is not the same as in the final version), and then Janne makes as if he was taking the camera and the sound changes to the acual sound of the final mix. Well, the sound before Janne does this camera thing is IMO far better than the final sound, and the song sounds better, so if they get a sound like that TMR will surely improve.

So you're saying Tie My Rope is just a bunch of this and that taken from the material they already made?

Well then I guess we're in for a shit album, no need to hold your breath.

Not exactly, it's more like, sturcture and idea that they are repeating, like if they useing the same recipe as other song.

The Keyboard intro is just an attempt to make it work like on other song with keyboard intro, like Living Dead Beat. Then there's the same song structure, take in exemple the verse, they are the same on 90% of COB song - some rythm chord like da-da-da-dadada-da-da-da-dadada and some note played after that that rythm thing, played 4 time, then there's a bridge, or an interlude with most of the time some cheesy melodic lead, than a keyboard part with synth pad, a solo and that's it.

They are using the same formula - maybe not on every song, but on every album for sure since Follow The Reaper. They are just changing some notes and that's it. They could use like 100 ideas that could fit the songs and make each of them really different than others, I'm not talking about the riffs, but about the... structures or I don't know. Anyway that's not important lol, bless those who understand me :)

Not exactly, it's more like, sturcture and idea that they are repeating, like if they useing the same recipe as other song.

I think it's working fluent. But Alexi has said they have some progressive songs on the new album as well. I think it means not every song has that for example Sixpounder structure, but some might be a little unexpectable like.. i dunno, Towards Dead End.. And I hope they have something that's not tried yet.

The Keyboard intro is just an attempt to make it work like on other song with keyboard intro, like Living Dead Beat. Then there's the same song structure, take in exemple the verse, they are the same on 90% of COB song - some rythm chord like da-da-da-dadada-da-da-da-dadada and some note played after that that rythm thing, played 4 time, then there's a bridge, or an interlude with most of the time some cheesy melodic lead, than a keyboard part with synth pad, a solo and that's it.

Ah man you make things sound so veristic it sends shrills down me. I think the very intro (in this case Janne's electronic lead) is extremely important because it sort of determines the nature of the song you approach it by. I think this was experimental and I like it, I think it's a fucking wicked part when the pedalling starts with the hi-hat it sounds freaky, wish it lasted longer.

They are using the same formula - maybe not on every song, but on every album for sure since Follow The Reaper. They are just changing some notes and that's it. They could use like 100 ideas that could fit the songs and make each of them really different than others, I'm not talking about the riffs, but about the... structures or I don't know. Anyway that's not important lol, bless those who understand me :)

I think the songs COB make all sound very different. Give them that at least, even if you most of time know what part of the song is coming next. I have to say about Are You Dead Yet?, it's clear the mixing work was done by a maniac, because you can't hear the synths and rhythm guitars where you'd wanna hear them (Punch Me I Bleed, AYDY?) but you can see it was an album written in a big hurry.. I mean c'mon, repeating the same lame ass chorus 3 times in the two songs mentioned above for example. My point is, with good sounds and a good mix even clumsy structured songs may sound good, but imagine that paired with versatile song structures.. man. We're so in for a kickass album.

One of my friends once said the whole reason he liked Something Wild most was because the shit structure made it more 'progressive'. I hope thats not the case with Blooddrunk.