NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

" CHILDREN OF BODOM TO TOUR FINLAND

Finland’s beloved scythesmen, Childen Of Bodom will embark on a lengthy Finnish tour this coming October/November. Fittingly titled ”No Place Like Home” tour will be a special one: the band will play a different set each night, giving the fans a chance to witness rarely heard gems from the deep COB back catalogue in a live setting.

Henkka comments in Finnish:

”Kunnon viikonloppurundi Suomessa! Viimeks kun sellanen tehtiin ni ”bussista” (lue kämänen paku) jäi liukuovi käteen ja roudarin pää jääty ikkunaan (bussin sisällä) kun uuvahti talvisena yönä ajomatkalla jonnekin. Täytynee ruuvata setitkin vähä nostalgiat mielessä.

Siistii päästä pitkästä aikaa vetää taas ympäri Suomea!”

Children Of Bodom are currently working on a follow up to their latest studio offering ”I Worship Chaos”.

”No Place Like Home” shows will be opened by Finnish torchbearers of metal, Lost Society.

Tickets will go on sale on Friday, May the 25th at 9am Finnish time. "

Reactions: tragician
CIubsq7.gif

Jaska's going to be Jussi69's guest on Radio Rock tomorrow, hope he will have some news!

I just bought a ticket to the show in Tavastia, I'm going to try get tickets to as many of those finland tour dates as possible :D

Reactions: COB-666
So I listened to Jaska's interview on Radio Rock here's what I picked up now I'm kinda busy cleaning my childhood home:

-He said that the new music reminds him of the beginning of 2000's, also hatebreeder. He is happy to see classical influences again.
-The band got tired of those influences at some point but now he feels the band would like to do more of the old melodies again.
-Drums were ready around easter, now he's had time to relax.
-Album sounds like new COB but has a lot of the older stuff too.
-He sometimes has a hard time remembering the names of their songs in interviews, so he shared Alexi's tip: "always just talk about The Title Track if you don't remember any names" :D
-Jaska has two daughters and hates leaving them behind when going on tour. He said that once when he told the younger one he's going away for a couple days, she asked "Will you ever come back? :(" He hopes his kids aren't traumatised and says he really appreciates social media so he can see his family when he's away.
-Jaska has had problems with his back, but has found a new sport hobby that has helped; diving. (u know that kinda where you jump from a platform tower)
-Also he likes to walk a lot to keep himself in shape during tours
-Before shows he takes a nap
-He really likes Gojira and Mastodon
-He heard there is an annual tradition of COB fans going to the lake on the anniversary of the murder. One year Alexi and Janne had sneaked into the meeting and the fans had been really shocked lol.

Last edited:
So what does this Hatebreederish style with neo-classical melodies mean, I guess the riffing is faster and less dragging, and some more lead melodies. Fixing what went wrong with IWC. I take it with a pinch of salt, but it would be wicked indeed to have that purple album in the old style that's been an impossible dream for a long time. Now I'm just keeping fingers crossed the album sounds dark and venomous with epic composing... it's easy to throw these material comparisons, but in the end it's down to creativity and the vibe in the songs. I'd like all thrash elements gone, it should be melodic death metal.

I'm not really expecting a "return to the old days" kinda album. I'm just very happy if there's more of those vibes. But ideally the new album would be a damn good artwork of it's own that would have its memorable era like HCDR for example had and not just "well that sounds like FTR!"
I think it's going to be good, I'm excited as fuck

Well, this is the type of stuff they kind of always say "It's new COB but with a bit of old". Though it's the first time in years that they mention the neoclassical stuff and I take this as a good sign.
Otherwise, as usual, I am really hyped for this album. Let's hope it is the one we've been waiting for for so long. As tragician say, I don't want something that makes me say "Oh, this is FTR2/Hatebreeder2". I just want something good enough to be remembered.

I was asked what my band's new music is like and I had no idea what to say. You have to remember that sonething you have worked on for ages may be hard to put into words shortly and then there's people with their expectations who will all take your words in their own way.

That is why those "old sound is back" stories are known to be forced out of artists...with this tuning it will never sounds similar, same techniques don't mean same sound