NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

http://kaaoszine.fi/children-of-bod...attelussa-miksaus-kuulostaa-helvetin-hyvalta/
This is an interview from Rockfest in finnish, but about the new album they basically said:
Album is done.
It sounds really fuckin good, maybe a little different but that's how the new album always feels. Even if Alexi talked about it being more "rock n roll", it doesn't mean a change that dramatic. Henkka said there are a couple songs that he "knows what Alexi means about the rock n roll thing", but the album will be a Bodom style album.

(I'm pretty sure Alexi means 80's rock rather than that 2003 stuff, I mean I guess COB could go more emo and some people would like it but honestly it is p unlikely :D Bodom has always had 80's influences in their music and then there's that Local Band going on so....)

About the tour: No Place Like Home is going to have a different setlist every night, because Henkka had an idea where each member could build a different setlist on the tour. This means a lot of practicing and songs that have not been played as much live.

Last edited:
Well, it's getting exciting, it's not mixed and mastered, next we will see the artwork, album name and songlist, good times... it's wicked cos you have some sort of image in your mind how it's gonna be, but it's still gonna be different.

Reactions: COB-666
The mastering is nearly done though if I remember correctly. That dude is on holiday for 2 weeks, but he should be done quickly after that. Also, isn't the mixing BEFORE the mastering? I know nothing of music production so I appologize if this question is stupid, but I thought mixing was first.
Once this is done though, we should be getting information pretty fast indeed. Starting probably with the album's title.

The mastering is nearly done though if I remember correctly. That dude is on holiday for 2 weeks, but he should be done quickly after that. Also, isn't the mixing BEFORE the mastering? I know nothing of music production so I appologize if this question is stupid, but I thought mixing was first.
Once this is done though, we should be getting information pretty fast indeed. Starting probably with the album's title.
Mixing comes before mastering yeah. In mixing you set the track volumes and put effects like EQ, compression and reverb on individual tracks. In mastering you put those effects on the output track that affects all instruments. It is the very last thing you do before releasing a song.

It's great to hear that they're almost finished :headbang: really excited to see what news they will have for us in the next few weeks! Hopefully the album title will be announced soon (or that purple artwork!!!!)... I have a feeling this album is gonna be awesome you guys!

They just shared something on Instagram. An interview that dates maybe a month back (Alexi still hadn't recorded the vocals and keyboards were still to be done) where he says he had completely forgotten about the album's and the songs' title as he was too focused on the lyrics. The magazine also says that the release date is september 2018. Which is earlier than I thought. I Worship Chaos was released on october 2nd and the first single was released on july 10th. Which means that, theoretically, the single should be out pretty soon. As I already said, I think that when informations start to come out, they'll come out fast.

Just spoke with a man from Nuclear Blast. Here's what he had to say:

"Hi Charlie, the album will not be released in (September) 2018. We mustn't tell you the exact date, because there is no official release date at the moment. Furthermore, there is no additional official information available for you. There will be several press releases for everyone. Greetings Christopher New Media Team Europe"

So I guess it might not be coming as early as I expected...

If it's coming this year, the date should be announced soon? I mean they start touring in october again so september would make sense.... I would like to know if they'll release the album before or after the finland tour.

Seems like it will be after if not September :/ which would allow them to play older songs since they wouldn't have new ones to play. Which would mean a release in November :/ so a single by September and information about the album in July.. sad...

189449120e.jpg

Thanks, that's what I was talking about, but I don't know how to get it from Instagram to the forum haha.
Also, Korpiklaani (who's sign at Nuclear Blast too) released a single a few days ago for their new album, which is due to september 7th. If the next CoB Album is coming after the Finnish tour, it would mean November and therefore, no single before august... :/

Reactions: COB-666
Thanks, that's what I was talking about, but I don't know how to get it from Instagram to the forum haha.
Also, Korpiklaani (who's sign at Nuclear Blast too) released a single a few days ago for their new album, which is due to september 7th. If the next CoB Album is coming after the Finnish tour, it would mean November and therefore, no single before august... :/
Oh, I forgot about Korpiklaani's new album!! Thanks for letting us know about their single :D gonna check it out sometime today

Alexi saying he's "not trying to fix something" after IWC means they're responding to us again thru interview. Well, anything that's epic is good, the style is not more important.

One way for labels / bands to make money would be to arrange private listening sessions for a new album months in advance to release. Say 3 months in advance it would cost you 300 euros to listen thru. 2 months in advance, 200 euros, 1 month in advance 100 euros. Problem is fans would go online and replicate what they've heard both verbally and musically. If there was a way to erase memory after listening this would be good... It's just frustrating to wait a full season for a ready product. Just came across my mind, there could be a business opportunity to somehow cash in on impatient fans prior to release... no money back guarantee if you think it sucks. I think problem is the internet. Without the internet this could be done, cos there'd be no fear of leaks. I guess waiting spices up life too, and saves me money... But what I actually love is reading descriptions of the songs. I don't think that is necessarily harming to the album anticipation. Maybe the process just seems slow to overenthusiastic fans.

Last edited:
I actually agree with you on that Joonas. I wouldn't pay that much for such experience, but I think some would AND we could add a little something to make it even better.
They could hold those private listening session 3, 2 & 1 month before the release for a selected few, and the band could be present as it would be part of the promotion process and it would take only 3 days of their time. After the listening session, they would have a "talk-through" with the fans about their impression and therefore hear the direct feedback of the "die-hard" fans.

I actually agree with you on that Joonas. I wouldn't pay that much for such experience, but I think some would AND we could add a little something to make it even better.
They could hold those private listening session 3, 2 & 1 month before the release for a selected few, and the band could be present as it would be part of the promotion process and it would take only 3 days of their time. After the listening session, they would have a "talk-through" with the fans about their impression and therefore hear the direct feedback of the "die-hard" fans.
The censored feedback* I don't think anyone would dare say it's shit to their faces. It wouldn't be useless though as people would still tell them their favorite songs and if they're always the melodic ones it would be pretty obvious what the people want.

Just dawned to me, Jaska comparing the album to Hatebreeder, he could be talking from drum perspective, which would mean the drums are very straightforward (as IWC) but faster.

The interviewer above states "shorter songs", but is it factual or just bad journalism. There is one short song confirmed, it's a long stretch and misleading to make assumption that the album in general has shorter songs. (Even tho shorter songs is what has been wished all the time for this album.) Just quote the artist instead of pulling vague statements out of thin air to the point the reader can't tell if it's information or rambling.

I think we already know the interview that will be repeated a hundred times for this album during July-August. "A short intro song which we've never done before. Some neo-classical riffs but it's still new Bodom. Straightforward songs. Rock'n'roll but not really."

Last edited:
It's too late for new ideas, but... one cool idea would be to occasionally use powerful echo in some of Alexi's screams, such as last words of verse lines... giving the impression of raging screams echoing over a lake.

Reactions: tragician