NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Alexi won God of Riffs Metal Hammer Awards :p

https://www.axelspringer.com/de/pre...fuer-die-besten-rock-und-metalmusiker-in-2018

74b733bc00.jpg

Something has happened to stop it being released - The album was finished in March, April? It's September now and we still haven't had a single announcement for artwork/album name/tracklist etc.

I'm hoping in the next few weeks we get the single with music video plus all the details of the album. But then again I've been saying this for most the year.

And I seen the Metal Hammer award.... he hasn't released a riff in 3-4 years now :bah:

New insta stories:

They're editing the music video. Hopefully we'll see more soon... Judging from the timeline the song is about 3 mins long.

My personal guess is since they're coy about it the reason is the album felt too rushed so they're writing more material for it.

A lawsuit would explain why they don't seem to have an explanation on why the album comes out later. But then again I don't believe there is one going on, because well why would he sue them? He didn't write the songs or play on IWC. There is nothing really in there that would make sense to me.
Maybe it's just a change of plans or something, I don't know. But if the whole Roope issue went as I believe it did (it having to do with alcohol issues) I don't think there would be any reason for a lawsuit.

Then again, they aren't obligated to explain everything to the public. It would be nice, but it isn't actually news for an album to come out later than planned. Maybe they will talk about the process more when it's out.

A lawsuit would explain why they don't seem to have an explanation on why the album comes out later. But then again I don't believe there is one going on, because well why would he sue them? He didn't write the songs or play on IWC. There is nothing really in there that would make sense to me.
Maybe it's just a change of plans or something, I don't know. But if the whole Roope issue went as I believe it did (it having to do with alcohol issues) I don't think there would be any reason for a lawsuit.

Then again, they aren't obligated to explain everything to the public. It would be nice, but it isn't actually news for an album to come out later than planned. Maybe they will talk about the process more when it's out.

Maybe, but the last interview with him he was very bitter about the whole thing. They kicked him out a few days before recording IWC. He must have had some say or input into the songs.

I’m still convinced there is some legal contract that has been signed etc, I think that was the reason the band took promo pictures without Daniel for a long time. There is definitely something going on there

But Roope left over three years ago, why should it affect what they do now? It didn't even affect the release of IWC, apart from promo pics. Surely this album is none of his business.

If the album is truly final and won't be improved on, then the only reason I can come up with is they want it to be released on the eve of a big tour, and they don't have a big tour until next spring?

Nah man I guess the reason they didn't take pics with Daniel was that they said they're going to try how touring goes with him. He is a good guitarist but will they get along? Seems they did, he looks absolutely like the right guy for this. And well promos,are usually taken for a new album, Daniel wasn't there yet then.

A friend of mine actually drew a COB poster with Daniel in it and gave it to him because she wanted promos with Daniel :D

Daniel has been teasing a lot about the MV on instagram lately. I like that. Even if he is the only one enthusiastic about the new single, it's a good sign when we look at his musical tastes.

Reactions: COB-666
Folks, I've skipped a few pages of the discussion, is there a date on the new single yet? And is it gonna be a video after all?

Ok well could someone at least ask them why the album is delayed so hugely? Fans demand explanation for fuck's sake. Have they no respect for fans who pay their bills and have been fans of the band for god knows how long? It's damn disrespectful from the label, it seems there's a bunch of arrogant asses running it, like they don't have to explain to anyone. COB is just a gift for them.

So it was completely mixed and mastered 5 months ago, May 2018, but it won’t be released until March 2019. That’s almost an entire year sitting as a completely finished album, that’s ridiculous for NB to give no reasoning for.

I think they don't give any reasons because they don't have anything good to say, and better no reasons than bad reasons. As someone said before, it's probably because of the release agenda of the label. But I seriously believe that simultaneous release wouldn't change a thing. People who buy CoB's albums will do so no matter what is released at the same time, and the people who don't are probably the ones who'll just download it illegally.
Could we all write to Nuclear Blast (as Laiho asks) and see what happens? The fan had a nice influence on Nuclear Blast regarding Wintersun, so maybe we could get a single out or at least some informations...